Thread: Saks vs. Nordstrom: Merino Socks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Saks vs. Nordstrom: Merino Socks

Dappered is always plugging those Nordstrom merino socks. However I have yet to really see them address anything from Saks (or saks off 5th). I was at the SOF today, and they were running a buy 2 get 2 free deal on their socks. This would basically put their merino socks (made in italy, no less) at $7.50CAD ($5.96 USD) each if you buy 4 pairs. What I want to know is, is there a reason that Nordstrom is the go to? Will their socks be better quality in some way? or are the Saks ones just as good?
    Let me know!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    398 Post(s)
    I only have experience with the knee-high socks, but the difference in that case is price which favors Nordstrom. I think regular price is the main reason they are favored.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)
    I purchased some socks from SOF a few years back. I didn't like them. But I don't think they were wool.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you'll find that the main page focuses on products that pay for advertising or have affiliate programs. Running a website isn't free--I don't blame them for that, but do note that there are many excellent sales and products that don't always get coverage.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?