Page 321 of 325 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3250

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Got the S&M top coat for Xmas for myself. This is a 40 which I was worried may not be right. Think it looks good from front but from side I'm not sure. Do I need a 42?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Got the S&M top coat for Xmas for myself. This is a 40 which I was worried may not be right. Think it looks good from front but from side I'm not sure. Do I need a 42?
    From the photos it looks a little tight. I'd probably go up a size, especially since you need the sleeves tailored anyway. But it comes down to how it feels...are you struggling to get it over your suit jacket, or does it slip over easily?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Slips over a suit jacket fairly easily. I should have noted that in th photos I was wearing a thick lambs wool cardigan that's thicker than a suit jacket. So with a suit there is a bit more room.

Just unsure about the back as it doesn't drape over my backside perfectly (have a big ass during bulking season lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)
    Almost every single post I read on a Spier & Mackay thread (on the other forum) where someone bought one of these outwear pieces, the guy said that buying their suit jacket size resulted in a somewhat tight fit. The general consensus was to size up (i.e. buy a 42 overcoat if you wear a 40 suitjacket).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Nordstrom pea coat. Size medium on 6' 160lbs. Feels like there's a lot of room but there's no way I could be a small. Thoughts? Nice coat otherwise.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bernanke View Post
    Nordstrom pea coat. Size medium on 6' 160lbs. Feels like there's a lot of room but there's no way I could be a small. Thoughts? Nice coat otherwise.
    Do the shoulders end on your shoulders?

Peacoats are often too large in the waist and too long in the arms. The important part is how the chest feels. The rest can be altered.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Do I need to go a size down in these pants? I feel like they're a little baggy around the the thighs - but I might be over-thinking it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)
    I think those fit fine. If anything, from the front shot they look too slim around the calves. I think it gives that perception because of the wrinkles, which I can see from the side view are due to the amount of break.

To put this into perspective, I like my dress trousers to be slim, but to also fall as cleanly as possible without hugging my leg at any point (revealing it's shape). That's how I think dress should fit and look. I also like minimal break so that the front crease is as uninterupted as possible to the cuff of the trouser. Again, personal preference and other might prefer more break.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quoted
    855 Post(s)
    I would suggest paper clipping them to get an idea of the hem at the bottom that you would like and see how they fit. I don't think you want to size down as you can also have your tailor make a seat adjustment if there is extra fabric back there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. I'm finally starting to get an okay handle on fit (thanks in large part to the folks here), but for some reason I find pants really hard to gauge.