Page 324 of 329 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3285

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

  1. #3231
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Thanks guys. Never owned loafers before, so wasn't sure. Think I'm going to keep these.
    Where did you find them for 60?

  2. #3232
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    I tried them on (at DSW IIRC) to be sure, but was tracking the price on Amazon and it randomly dropped from $80 to $62 recently: https://www.amazon.com/G-H-Bass-Co-C...dp/B0199V7ELI/

  3. #3233
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    One more pair of shoes (in case you can't tell, I'm trying to upgrade my wardrobe after years of wearing the same square-toed rubber-soled monstrosities every day).

    Saw these on sale for $50 at Macy's. I realize the price tag means they're probably not great quality, but I've been meaning to try out monks for a while and figured that starting with a cheap pair makes more sense than dropping $200 and then realizing I don't like the style.

    Not sure if they look a little too cheap (and blocky) though. As always, feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

    https://i.imgur.com/6bDwpcK.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/KotKGyS.jpg

  4. #3234
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,464
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    One more pair of shoes (in case you can't tell, I'm trying to upgrade my wardrobe after years of wearing the same square-toed rubber-soled monstrosities every day).

    Saw these on sale for $50 at Macy's. I realize the price tag means they're probably not great quality, but I've been meaning to try out monks for a while and figured that starting with a cheap pair makes more sense than dropping $200 and then realizing I don't like the style.

    Not sure if they look a little too cheap (and blocky) though. As always, feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

    https://i.imgur.com/6bDwpcK.jpg

    https://i.imgur.com/KotKGyS.jpg
    Look good to me. Shoe trees will help them last longer if you don't already have some.

  5. #3235
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    102
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Apparently I'm full of questions these days. Snagged the two J Crew "un" suits when they were at 30% off recently, trying to decide whether to keep both/either. My main concern is that the jacket might be slightly short. (Also, my home office needs some work)




    I'm also curious whether people think that the gray ("Deep Water") or blue (brighter than it appears in picture above) looks better/is more versatile.

    Thanks as always.

  6. #3236
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Im getting married in August and ordered some suits to try on from Suit Supply. Which fit is better?

    38L

    https://imgur.com/a/sM9Wff1
    https://imgur.com/bnAzKoZ


    40R
    https://imgur.com/AlcO15T
    https://imgur.com/lFvhND1

  7. #3237
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Apparently I'm full of questions these days. Snagged the two J Crew "un" suits when they were at 30% off recently, trying to decide whether to keep both/either. My main concern is that the jacket might be slightly short. (Also, my home office needs some work)




    I'm also curious whether people think that the gray ("Deep Water") or blue (brighter than it appears in picture above) looks better/is more versatile.

    Thanks as always.
    I think the fit is okay. Jacket is a bit short, but on your slimmer frame it is okay. You need to get the pants hemmed.

  8. #3238
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    2,464
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Genius View Post
    Im getting married in August and ordered some suits to try on from Suit Supply. Which fit is better?

    38L

    https://imgur.com/a/sM9Wff1
    https://imgur.com/bnAzKoZ


    40R
    https://imgur.com/AlcO15T
    https://imgur.com/lFvhND1
    That is tough. Have you tried a 40L? The sleeves are both pretty short and I can't really tell too much of a difference. Any back shots?

  9. #3239
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)


    Is this jacket too big, or am I over-thinking it? It's a J crew linen sportcoat in 38S. I have another J crew sportcoat in wool in the same size that fits a little snugger. Should I size down because of the material? Mind you I don't think my chest will fit a 36S.

  10. #3240
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    Looks right to me. Needs sleeves shortened but otherwise spot on.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •