Page 13 of 331 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

@Totino: The jacket looks way too tight. It's noticeably short, too, but that's just the H&M style. But it really should be sized up.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

A 3am post Alan? lol -- hope you weren't at work still/already at that point (even I wasn't by then)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I dunno, the shoulders are good on Totino's. The waist should be taken out, at least. I'd say you're not gonna get a suit you're gonna be happy with for $60 though.

@Big Scooter, that looks much better. The shoulders still might be a bit wide, but the rest of it is pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Totino: It's a size too small (and too short) - there's no other way to say it.

What you can do, though, is wear it with the button opened so it won't be nearly as tight around the stomach. Going out to the bar, that will be totally fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thanks, Jason! I think I'll keep this one. Now if I can just get a suit that works...

I'll definitely have the sleeves shortened. Do you think it needs waist tapering? I can stack a fist and a flat hand and get them between the button and my stomach (with some slight difficulty).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Big_Scooter, I don't think you need the waist tapered. It might help, but it looks good enough as is in my opinion. What are your sizes/dimensions? I'm also 38" and on the market for a blazer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I am 5 foot 7 inches, 154 pounds. Frequent weight lifter.

My shoulders are 48" (measuring tape around widest part of deltoids across the upper chest and back), chest is 40.5", waist is 32" (at the belly button) 37.5" hips (widest part of butt). Short torso, longer legs.

Your question inspired me to check my full measurements, probably more information than you wanted/needed.

I can measure the jacket too, if that would help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol, I don't have all those measurements for myself, but it doesn't hurt to know. This is my first blazer, so I don't really know what jacket measurements would suit me. Thanks for the offer though.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

@Totino, I think the jacket is too tight. As Jason mentioned, the shoulders look like they fit but overall, it looks off. I'd say return it and save yourself $60. An ill fitting suit is not a good purchase.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

@hornsup: Yeah, I was up at 3am, and it wasn't by choice, but it's not what anyone would guess. I was working on a team project for my marketing class last night and drank an energy drink around 8pm to help me focus. It didn't wear off until 7 hours later... :-P