Page 317 of 320 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3193

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Some causes of collar gap require major surgery to fix. I think it can be caused by a jacket that's too tailored through the torso/midriff - if there's a lot of pulling on the button it forces the lapels to flare. If there's some extra fabric so the jacket can be let out there that's not a very difficult fix. Other causes are very hard to fix. I don't think bernanke's problem is too little room through the mid section but that could be the issue on Suits - maybe they went a little too slim through the torso in an attempt to make the suits look ultra tailored.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    New here, same old story. I've been lurking and learning, though if ask a few questions. Now that I have a better idea what I'm looking for, have a really tough time finding jackets that fit me well in the shoulders. I apologize for the lighting, I'm still working on that.

The first 2 jackets are some new ones I picked up recently, best I can do so far. The last one, unfortunately, is my suit jacket. You can see how dimpley it is. It also frequently gets a weird ridge running through the right shoulder. Anyway, how do the first 2 look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Is it that bad? I didn't mean to break the thread lol.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Is it that bad? I didn't mean to break the thread lol.
    It's really hard to see the blue, due to lighting.
    You also need to include different angles. I am no expert on fit. Still working on it myself. I did notice that the quarters are very open, but that could be because of your stance. Shoulders are close, but I see a slight dimple. Again, could be your stance. Post more pics from different angle, and I think more helpful members will chime in

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)
    I think the shoulders on all of those are fine and fit fairly cleanly. Next step is to adjust the sleeve length.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    @Mad Martigan It's hard to tell due to the lighting in the photos, but it appears the button stance is too high and/or the jackets are a bit short. I cannot tell if your pants are sitting at their natural waste, so it's tough to be sure. Does the top button fall just above your belly button? From the pictures it looks like even the bottom button is above it... The shoulders appear to be okay, and as mentioned earlier, the sleeves need to come up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Thanks, I will work on the lighting and pay attention to other details when I retry the pics.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quoted
    861 Post(s)
    From what I can tell the shoulders look to be ok. The sleeves though do appear to be too long for my eye. Looks like my comments are in the same ballpark as everyone else's. Looking forward to the updated pics.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Thanks, I will work on the lighting and pay attention to other details when I retry the pics.
    If possible, have someone else take them for you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    FIRST POST

Updated pictures. This suit is from Empire International Tailors in HK. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was done in the afternoon. Picked up the suit three days later. At the time, did not know what to look for in a good fitting suit.

Had the suit and shirt pressed, so any wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up.

Shirt pics: