Page 7 of 331 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

One other thought - in all honesty, who cares if it's a little big in the shoulders? If it looks alright in the total package, you could make it work. Not if it dwarfs you...but if it's close but a little big, sometimes you just call it a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

My other jackets are all a little big in the shoulders, so I'm kinda used to it. Measured them, the jacket is 17", I think I need 16.5". I'll see what I can do with my tailor.

Custom (or at least MTM) is a great option for suits or some dress shirts, but a fun blazer I'll wear 10 times a year max ? Not worth it to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

They can bring it in that much on the center seam. They should bring it in on the side seams under the arms, too, because it looks baggy through the body.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

@Jessy - That's exactly what I was thinking. I know it's a shorter Canadian summer, but let's hope for 20 times this year. =D

Have you tried a custom shirt or suit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Had a trial custom shirt from ModernTailor. Wasn't perfect, but now I know what to tweak. I might buy another one (probably from another website) in a few months.

I might order a custom suit pretty soon, if I can bring myself to pull the trigger. A great suit is always useful to have, but it's a miracle if I get to wear one once a year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

I hear that. I need to wear mine more often. Avoiding a black suit would have helped! The grey is one I will actually wear.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

h&m linen blazer. 36R

a little big in the shoulders. what do you guys think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

It looks big. In the Put This On article JC linked to, your sleeves have the dimple that they point out:

Fortunately, they sell a 34R!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It fits great everywhere except the shoulders.... well, the sleeves are a bit long, but that's easy. See what your tailor says. It looks to me like it needs to come in at least an inch in the shoulders, which could be tricky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

OK! I got the 40r gray ticket pocket blazer from the gap in the mail today. I had previously posted pics of the 40s, which was too short for me (at 5 foot 7). I also got the 38s and 40s alfani red suit jackets and the corresponding pants. I'll put them in a separate post.

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/?action=view&current=IMG_4271.jpg

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/?action=view&current=IMG_4272.jpg

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/?action=view&current=IMG_4273.jpg

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/?action=view&current=IMG_4274.jpg

The last pic i have it pulled a bit tighter to simulate having the waist tapered.

What do you think? It doesn't look too long to me, surprisingly. I will, of course, shorten the sleeves and taper the waist if I keep it.