Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    504 Post(s)
    @Amesbury Definitely need to shorten the sleeves, and it looks like the waist needs suppression also. The body of it looks weird, i'd much rather see a button down on you with it to get an better idea of how it will fit with a dress shirt. The jacket also looks really short according to the last pic. I know that is something of the style now, but that looks especially on the short side.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    @Amesbury Definitely need to shorten the sleeves, and it looks like the waist needs suppression also. The body of it looks weird, i'd much rather see a button down on you with it to get an better idea of how it will fit with a dress shirt. The jacket also looks really short according to the last pic. I know that is something of the style now, but that looks especially on the short side.
    Thanks for your input. I feel like there might be too many strikes against this jacket to warrant me spending on resources on it. Due to my body shape, it seems to be really challenging for me to find a decent basic casual jacket under $100.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I know the sleeves are long. But is it too tight? Is it too much?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    @mlstein - Looking sharp sir. I agree the sleeves are a little long, but the jacket looks like it fits well. I like the suede boots.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie_Man View Post
    @mlstein - Looking sharp sir. I agree the sleeves are a little long, but the jacket looks like it fits well. I like the suede boots.
    Thanks! They're Joe's favorite Nordstrom 1901 Chukkas which I bought because he liked them so much.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    Could you take a pic with better lighting, arms relaxed to the side? Can’t get a good read on the fit from your pic.
    Apologies for the wait but I ran out of time for tailoring and ended up just waiting for better cameras being at the event itself

Again ignore the color, I bumped the contrast to make the black folds more visible. Let's get nit picky!

100% wool super 110s Black Lapel
    Half canvas and half lined
    Ignore the pants hem, my old suspenders sagged by the end of the day
    I'm trying to get into better shape but my back has been a problem
    Pretty sure I'm over correcting my bad posture all over the place too

Is it that I'll fitting or it's just too flimsy? It's just pulling way more than I'd like for a formal suit.

Still not happy but I'd love to learn why.
    -Are there specific things I can get tailored to improve this particular suit?
    -What can I do to make further mtm orders better?

another question, you all get things tailored with your pockets full of your normal pocket stuff?

Last edited by Dun; September 26th, 2018 at 07:11 PM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)
    @Dun - The best pics are top left and bottom middle. It looks like you are standing in the "robo pose" which is how people judge fit. The others aren't too helpful as your arm is bent or you are in motion.

That said, I think the bottom middle shows a solid fitting suit. The pulling at the buttoning point could be relieved by letting out the waist a little. The pants as you mentioned are a suspenders issue but it would be interesting to see fresh. The other other small things are the sleeves look a touch too short but that is personal preference with how much cuff you show and the sleeve has some bunching at the back in the top left but not in the bottom middle so I do not know if there is an issue.

Great fit though...only small nitpick things I may not even adjust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    @Dun - The pulling at the buttoning point could be relieved by letting out the waist a little.
    I agree with jacket pulling at the waist level a little. How comfortable are you with the jacket with the buttoned? That might be another indication to relieve waist a little.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    @Dun - The best pics are top left and bottom middle. It looks like you are standing in the "robo pose" which is how people judge fit. The others aren't too helpful as your arm is bent or you are in motion.

That said, I think the bottom middle shows a solid fitting suit. The pulling at the buttoning point could be relieved by letting out the waist a little. The pants as you mentioned are a suspenders issue but it would be interesting to see fresh. The other other small things are the sleeves look a touch too short but that is personal preference with how much cuff you show and the sleeve has some bunching at the back in the top left but not in the bottom middle so I do not know if there is an issue.

Great fit though...only small nitpick things I may not even adjust.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolFashionista85 View Post
    I agree with jacket pulling at the waist level a little. How comfortable are you with the jacket with the buttoned? That might be another indication to relieve waist a little.
    Thanks guys. I was comfortable with how the jacket bottuned at first when I showed the tailor, but I didn't have it loaded with what I ended up carrying that day. I think that, with my over correcting posture for the event pulled more than just my gut did on it's own. I'll see about letting it out.

The pant hem length I had tailored to quarter break with those shoes specifically so I gotta assume it was all sagging in the suspenders. The tailor also slimmed from the knee down cause black lapel doesn't really have an ankle measurement option. I think the pants may now be more slim than the jacket looks. Other than fiddling with the skirting of the jacket I don't know if there are any more options.

Unfortunately the sleeves have functioning buttons. I did have this measurement adjusted for any future orders there.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk