Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3315

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Trying out Charles Tyrwhit extra slim fit for the first time and was hoping for feedback on two points:
    1. The high second button makes the collar look kind of odd to me. Is this noticeable or am I over-thinking it?
    2. Are the sleeves a little too short?

Pictures below - sorry for the poor quality. Thanks!
    I think the only way you notice that is if you are wearing it.

The sleeves look okay to me. The only way I can ever really tell is to unbutton them and see how they hang. If they are halfway up my hand unbuttoned, I call that "fitting." I've never been able to tell buttoned up.

The other way I try is to wear a jacket that is altered correctly and see how much cuff is exposed. If no cuff is exposed, the sleeves are slightly too short.

Basically, it looks like it fits to me, but you may try unbuttoning the cuffs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    ASCOT CHANG SUIT

This suit is from Ascot Chang, IFC Mall location. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was 4 days later, with a full basted jacket (instead of half sleeves like at other places). Suit was received 5 weeks after order through the post.

Had the suit pressed, so any suit wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Shirt was laundered at home and dried in the machine, but no ironing was done. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth and sixth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up.

Shirt pics:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Trouser while seated pics:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Suit pics:

Fit feedback welcome! Please tear into every little detail if you will.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    @animeking -- Those all look great. The last one is my favorite in terms of fit and fabric. I don't see anything I would really change, though I do notice I can't see the cuff of your shirt when you're wearing the jacket. Maybe you just hadn't pulled it down though. Enjoy those suits!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

I had found myself lusting after this blazer when I missed one of the Land's End 40% off sales, but it came back up last week so I pulled the trigger--seemed like a steal at $69. The caveat is this would undoubtedly be the loudest item of clothing I own, so I feel like if I'm going to pull it off the fit has to be spot on. Kind of on the fence as to whether it's going back right now. Feedback welcome!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elpenguinoloco View Post

I had found myself lusting after this blazer when I missed one of the Land's End 40% off sales, but it came back up last week so I pulled the trigger--seemed like a steal at $69. The caveat is this would undoubtedly be the loudest item of clothing I own, so I feel like if I'm going to pull it off the fit has to be spot on. Kind of on the fence as to whether it's going back right now. Feedback welcome!
    Honestly I think it looks spot on. Sleeves look right, shoulders don't look off to me. Perfect tail length. Are there any spots that feel uncomfortable or that you're concerned about?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I agree. (I essentially did the same, I hope it looks as good on me!)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elpenguinoloco View Post

Wow - it honestly looks awesome man. Nice pickup for the price!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iviustang50h View Post
    Wow - it honestly looks awesome man. Nice pickup for the price!
    Thanks! The vote of confidence is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperTexan View Post
    Honestly I think it looks spot on. Sleeves look right, shoulders don't look off to me. Perfect tail length. Are there any spots that feel uncomfortable or that you're concerned about?
    My hesitation is less about fit and more about the ribbing I expect to receive from my colleagues for wearing something so outside the norm. Dealing with that is all part of the progression, I guess!
    @otoba -- I think you'll be very pleased with it. Construction is VERY light, comfortable, will be great for warmer weather (I have a conference in San Diego next week). I like the patch pockets and how it feels little more casual.