Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3316

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quoted
    335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminado View Post
    So I purchased my first sport coat a while back, and immediately deduced that I needed the sleeves shortened. However, beyond that I have no idea what further tailoring it might need, or how it fits just generally. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated

P.S. (sorry for the bad photo quality, it's the best I could do at this time.)
    Needs the chest taken in and waist suppression, so both of those areas need to be taken in as much as possible. I also want to say that the shoulders look too large to me as well, and there's nothing you can do about that. Can't tell anything about the arms since there's no side profile shot, but yeah, the definitely need to be shortened. Those arm holes look awfully deep, but again, nothing you can fix, though.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    260 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbook View Post
    Needs the chest taken in and waist suppression, so both of those areas need to be taken in as much as possible. I also want to say that the shoulders look too large to me as well, and there's nothing you can do about that. Can't tell anything about the arms since there's no side profile shot, but yeah, the definitely need to be shortened. Those arm holes look awfully deep, but again, nothing you can fix, though.
    If he still has an opportunity to return & exchange for a smaller size, that would probably fix most of the issues that you're telling him to tailor. When I was training for SuitSupply, they basically told us that if tailoring cost is greater than $75, they need to either pick a different size or a different cut. I think that's a good rule of thumb, no matter where you shop.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    @Matchbook
    I had that suspicion about the shoulders, but the next size down felt awfully tight at the time. @CJMichaelRay
    Unfortunately it's too late in the game for that, but it wasn't a terribly expensive jacket, and it did well enough in a high school setting. I'll take it to the tailor and consider that rule of thumb.

Thank you both for the thoughts, I'll keep all that in mind when I'm looking for my next one.

EDIT: here's a quick side pic.
    Last edited by Terminado; May 2nd, 2016 at 07:19 PM.
    Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
    If he still has an opportunity to return & exchange for a smaller size, that would probably fix most of the issues that you're telling him to tailor. When I was training for SuitSupply, they basically told us that if tailoring cost is greater than $75, they need to either pick a different size or a different cut. I think that's a good rule of thumb, no matter where you shop.
    Wait, you work for Suitsupply!?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    260 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgfarb View Post
    Wait, you work for Suitsupply!?
    I did for a little bit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    I did for a little bit.
    Sweet! Do they have a nice employee discount?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    260 Post(s)
    Sweet! Do they have a nice employee discount?
    It was ridiculous, but I wasn't there long enough to take advantage of it and I don't think I can talk about it on here haha

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    It was ridiculous, but I wasn't there long enough to take advantage of it and I don't think I can talk about it on here haha
    That's too bad

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quoted
    260 Post(s)
    That's too bad
    To put it vaguely, we had to wear their stuff from head to toe (aside from watches, bracelets, and underwear), so they made sure to encourage us to always be wearing their clothes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    To put it vaguely, we had to wear their stuff from head to toe (aside from watches, bracelets, and underwear), so they made sure to encourage us to always be wearing their clothes.
    I guess that makes sense. Maybe I'll go work there for a little bit, stock up on all things Suitsupply, then quit. (Mwaha hahaha, my evil plan is complete)