Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3315

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    I just want to make sure I don't look like I'm wearing trendy lets go clubbing-toolbag-clown shoes and that I will be able to use these as a foundation oxford. Thanks!
    1. No. The lets-go-clubbing clown shoe is bulbous and circular. They are made for people who have heard square toe is not a thing anymore, but have no taste themselves. They makes short men look like they have huge feet. This is not that.

2. Probably... I would. But, I wear size 12, so any plain toe looks long on me. Black is not as bad.

Edit: one thing is visual delineation between the laces and the toe is absent in these. That might make your legs look longer than otherwise. That's not necessarily bad.

Also, do these happen to be 12 or even 11.5? If you don't like them...
    Last edited by ianr; January 9th, 2016 at 11:03 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmichaelray View Post
    1. No. The lets-go-clubbing clown shoe is bulbous and circular. They are made for people who have heard square toe is not a thing anymore, but have no taste themselves. They makes short men look like they have huge feet. This is not that.

2. Probably... I would. But, I wear size 12, so any plain toe looks long on me. Black is not as bad.
    Haha, I didn't know they had caught on to the square toe not being a thing anymore! Shame. So, this may be a naive question, bought are plain toes supposed to be elongated? I almost went with the AE Carlyle but they're out if my price range for a shoe that will see little use, but In the stock photo they don't appear too long... but neither did these.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)
    Haha, I didn't know they had caught on to the square toe not being a thing anymore! Shame. So, this may be a naive question, bought are plain toes supposed to be elongated? I almost went with the AE Carlyle but they're out if my price range for a shoe that will see little use, but In the stock photo they don't appear too long... but neither did these.
    Plain toes look elongated because there is nothing to break up the shape. If you put them down next to a pair with a medallion on the toe and measured, they'd be exactly the same, but the plain toe would look longer.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    These definitely have about an inch + of elongation in the toe. Past the point of where my foot stops fitting.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgfarb View Post
    Just from that side profile, the sleeve length and jacket length look good. The only thing I'm worried about is the shoulders, they looked awfully small.
    What defines small shoulders? I definitely didn't feel restricted.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)
    These definitely have about an inch + of elongation in the toe. Past the point of where my foot stops fitting.
    Do they fit?

Here is an example of the same size shoes where the plain toe looks longer.

(I realize the plain toes there are a bit meh, but, in my defense, I paid $40 new for them.)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    I believe they fit. I don't thinkbi could size down. There's just a lot of extra room from where my foot fits (and seems to fit well) and the end of the actually shoe.

They loom twice as long. I never realized this before....

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)
    It's sort of like the whole "beltless" thing. Without a belt, a suit looks more like one long piece of material. With a belt, it is visually demarcated. Shorten men look great with no breaks, taller men look too tall. I would speculate the same goes with feet except it would depend on leg proportions since the legs are going to look longer without a visual break in the shoe, not the whole body.

I figure this is one of those things that is not so much style-fu as it is having seen it and recognized it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=ianmichaelray;230494]Do they fit?

This is about where my foot ends. Please tell me if this fit looks large, but if I size down I don't know how I would get my foot would fit in the front.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmichaelray View Post
    It's sort of like the whole "beltless" thing. Without a belt, a suit looks more like one long piece of material. With a belt, it is visually demarcated. Shorten men look great with no breaks, taller men look too tall. I would speculate the same goes with feet except it would depend on leg proportions since the legs are going to look longer without a visual break in the shoe, not the whole body.

I figure this is one of those things that is not so much style-fu as it is having seen it and recognized it.
    Right, that makes sense. I have relatively long legs, and the shoes look big from my point of view. But when I look in a mirrow it all looks proportionate.