Page 271 of 332 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 3316

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    Shirt too tight in the chest? It's an S&M 15 1/2 slim fit. The shirt fits great, arm length is perfect for me, waist is about as slim as it is going to get for me without becoming too constraining. I don't think it will even need tailoring. But I'm a little curious about the chest between the 2nd and 3rd button. It pulls there a little bit. (I'm puffing my chest out to exaggerate it) is the ok and a pass, or should I go for the contemporary fit next time and have the waist suppressed?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Looks good to me

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Shirt too tight in the chest? It's an S&M 15 1/2 slim fit. The shirt fits great, arm length is perfect for me, waist is about as slim as it is going to get for me without becoming too constraining. I don't think it will even need tailoring. But I'm a little curious about the chest between the 2nd and 3rd button. It pulls there a little bit. (I'm puffing my chest out to exaggerate it) is the ok and a pass, or should I go for the contemporary fit next time and have the waist suppressed?
    You could probably benefit from a cm in the chest. It fits really well though if you like slim fit. As long as you can move okay, it should be fine. If you're wearing an undershirt, take it off.
    My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSs1xkOEoJdPfZ4KRW575qA

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecharlesg View Post
    You could probably benefit from a cm in the chest. It fits really well though if you like slim fit. As long as you can move okay, it should be fine. If you're wearing an undershirt, take it off.
    I can move great in it! No undershirt?...

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    I can move great in it! No undershirt?...
    It will make it ever so slightly less tight. I don't wear undershirts to begin with, because I don't like them. But if you do, I wouldn't with that shirt.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    It will make it ever so slightly less tight. I don't wear undershirts to begin with, because I don't like them. But if you do, I wouldn't with that shirt.
    Thanks for the advice. Doesn't that make the shirts soil quickly?

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    Thanks for the advice. Doesn't that make the shirts soil quickly?
    I wear them once then wash them. I also use gold bond and aluminum free deodorant, instead of antiperspirant. That way there are no pit stains. I may sweat less without an undershirt, because I breathe better. I don't know if that is the case or not, though. I've never done a study, but it makes sense that would be the case.

If you do want to go undershirtless I'd recommend at the very least using an aluminum free antiperspirant, like Toms. I've found gold bond and deodorant works better. You really don't want pit stains, which are caused by the aluminum.
    Last edited by thecharlesg; December 10th, 2015 at 01:59 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    I wear them once then wash them. I also use gold bond and aluminum free deodorant, instead of antiperspirant. That way there are no pit stains. I may sweat less without an undershirt, because I breathe better. I don't know if that is the case or not, though. I've never done a study, but it makes sense that would be the case.
    I use aluminum free deodorant also. I was unaware that antiperspirant caused pit stains. I never have used it. Good to know though! You don't see excess deterioration from washing your shirts so frequently? I usually do 2-3 wears before washing with hand spot washing in between unless I had sweated.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Quoted
    544 Post(s)
    I use aluminum free deodorant also. I was unaware that antiperspirant caused pit stains. I never have used it. Good to know though! You don't see excess deterioration from washing your shirts so frequently? I usually do 2-3 wears before washing with hand spot washing in between unless I had sweated.
    I wash them cold. I've never had any problems.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    452 Post(s)
    I've found gold bond and deodorant works better.
    Do you put gold bold on your pits and then deodorant (or vice versa)? I've never heard of this. What does the gold bond do for you?

I use aluminum free deodorant also. I was unaware that antiperspirant caused pit stains.
    Yep. The staining used to destroy my undershirts (and I wore undershirts largely to prevent damaging my shirts). The aluminum, especially in combination with the wax from the deodorant, meant all of my undershirts had to be thrown out every year or so. They'd get yellow and stiff in the armpit. Switching to a deodorant stopped that (although I switched to stop irritation the antiperspirant started giving me).

You don't see excess deterioration from washing your shirts so frequently? I usually do 2-3 wears before washing with hand spot washing in between unless I had sweated.
    I can't speak for Charles, but I find that my shirts smell musty after a wear, not stinky, but enough that I'm not comfortable rewearing them unless it was only for a couple of hours. I basically wash each of my shirts after every wear. I air dry them on hangers, though. In my experience it's the dryer that really wears them out.