Page 241 of 332 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 3316

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Both from Jcrew and are size 34s. I am 5'4" at 150lbs with a very muscular frame. I know the tail looks funny but that is because I have extremely large glutes from powerlifting and playing soccer the last few years and this isn't something tailoring can fix .

http://i.imgur.com/6oWwoLd.jpg

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2108 Post(s)
    Hard to tell but it looks like both jackets could be let out in the waist a little. Not because you're fat (you're not) but because the waist suppression here is so aggressive that the first jacket seems to be pulling lot at the lower back and the second jacket is giving you an hourglass figure.

Letting the jacket out a little in the waist, particularly in the back area, might allow the rear vent to lie a little more naturally as well.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Hard to tell but it looks like both jackets could be let out in the waist a little. Not because you're fat (you're not) but because the waist suppression here is so aggressive that the first jacket seems to be pulling lot at the lower back and the second jacket is giving you an hourglass figure.

Letting the jacket out a little in the waist, particularly in the back area, might allow the rear vent to lie a little more naturally as well.
    I think you're absolutely right. I have two more questions:

1.) Do the sleeves need to be altered?
    2.) Are these jackets too long for my frame?

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2108 Post(s)
    Body length is spot-on for my tastes. Looks like they're just long enough to cover your butt. Some traditionalists might consider them too short, but I wouldn't say they are too long at all.

Sleeve length is pretty close... you could maybe have them shortened a half inch. But they are close enough that I think they are probably fine as-is if you decide not to have them altered.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Body length is spot-on for my tastes. Looks like they're just long enough to cover your butt. Some traditionalists might consider them too short, but I wouldn't say they are too long at all.

Sleeve length is pretty close... you could maybe have them shortened a half inch. But they are close enough that I think they are probably fine as-is if you decide not to have them altered.
    Thanks! I would love to size up to have some breathing room but then the shoulders wouldn't fit at all. Hopefully once I lose some of this winter bulk they won't be quite as tight. At least they're tight from hard work and not overeating!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htnguyen View Post
    Both from Jcrew and are size 34s. I am 5'4" at 150lbs with a very muscular frame. I know the tail looks funny but that is because I have extremely large glutes from powerlifting and playing soccer the last few years and this isn't something tailoring can fix .
    Prominent shoulder divots, probably too much muscle the suit can handle LOL!

Have you tried the crosby line? https://www.jcrew.com/ca/mens_featur...p.jsp#/#crosby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3piece View Post
    Prominent shoulder divots, probably too much muscle the suit can handle LOL!

Have you tried the crosby line? https://www.jcrew.com/ca/mens_featur...p.jsp#/#crosby
    I haven't been able to try the Crosby line in person but I plan to as soon as I can. I have tried on dozens of different brands and these two jackets are the best I have found so far in my price range and you can see how there are still some fitment issues. With my body type I don't think I'm ever going to get 100% fitment unless I get something made to measure but I think these will come close once I lean out a bit in the midsection.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htnguyen View Post
    I haven't been able to try the Crosby line in person but I plan to as soon as I can. I have tried on dozens of different brands and these two jackets are the best I have found so far in my price range and you can see how there are still some fitment issues. With my body type I don't think I'm ever going to get 100% fitment unless I get something made to measure but I think these will come close once I lean out a bit in the midsection.
    Ask the tailor about the shoulder divots perhaps he could resolve the issue. I'm guessing (since I have no experience) it will involve letting out the sleeves where they're attached to the arm holes. That may require detaching and re-attaching the sleeves which is probably costly and requires a skillful tailor.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I just got my first moderately expensive watch. I have really small wrists so I was worried the face was too big, what do you guys think?

Last edited by Binarythird; December 25th, 2014 at 08:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heading to a New Year's Eve party this week. Probably one of the first times I started caring about how I looked. Many thanks to these forums! I'm going to take the dress shirt back for a size smaller tomorrow.

Question, tie or no tie? If tie what color/scheme should I look into?

What color pants? I'm thinking dark, black or brown?

And simply does the look work? Much appreciated!