Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3301

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zcm View Post
    Got my shirt back from ratio again. There is still something going on with the chest/armhole area. Anyone know why this is happening?

The first (and only so far) shirt I got from Ratio is similar. Does it feel a little tight across your chest? Mind does--almost like it's pulling to the seam area under my arm pits. I'm thinking of going an inch bigger there (chest) and staying the same everywhere else. Curious to hear your thoughts...how does it feel?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    @yanagi It looks pretty good for right out of the box! The torso fit looks spot on, but the sleeves look a touch short. How tall are you? The reason I ask is the button stance looks a touch high, which is good if you're shorter/short legs, but not so great if you're tall. Maybe try a longer size? The ripples across your shoulder blades are probably due to posture, that's an easy fix for a tailor.

@zcm I'm gonna guess it's due to higher/smaller armholes. As far as how to solve it, I've got nothing.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uklawdawg View Post
    The first (and only so far) shirt I got from Ratio is similar. Does it feel a little tight across your chest? Mind does--almost like it's pulling to the seam area under my arm pits. I'm thinking of going an inch bigger there (chest) and staying the same everywhere else. Curious to hear your thoughts...how does it feel?
    It feels like a very good quality shirt. But the fit so far is just not working for me. I have it remade once already. I just sent CS another email. I'm still hopeful they will get it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by roostertail View Post
    @zcm I'm gonna guess it's due to higher/smaller armholes. As far as how to solve it, I've got nothing.
    Yeah my thoughts as well. I just sent ratio the same picture. Hopefully they can help me out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    @yanagi It looks pretty good for right out of the box! The torso fit looks spot on, but the sleeves look a touch short. How tall are you? The reason I ask is the button stance looks a touch high, which is good if you're shorter/short legs, but not so great if you're tall. Maybe try a longer size? The ripples across your shoulder blades are probably due to posture, that's an easy fix for a tailor.
    Thanks! I'm 5'9", so I think the button stance works out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yanagi View Post
    Thanks! I'm 5'9", so I think the button stance works out.
    In that case, you should be good. I'm 5'8" with short legs (28" inseam) so it's great for me as well. I like my sleeves slightly longer, but those look perfectly acceptable if you're comfortable with them. All in all, I think you did good, congrats!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I just picked up this J Crew microstripe blazer for $30 from eBay:

Its quite wrinkly; I'm taking it to the cleaners today. It passes the hug/handshake test, the length seems about right (passes the finger curl test), but I am a little concerned with the poof in the chest. I've got a wide chest and I'm not sure if it can be fixed. Also to note, I do not have a good tailor. I have a dry cleaners that has only ever hemmed my pants. I have no idea her skill with jackets...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)
    @joegeis Pics aren't working for me

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    @joegeis Pics aren't working for me

There are several members here who don't know how to do it. It's frustrating. It's 2014 people. Learn the basics.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGL View Post

There are several members here who don't know how to do it. It's frustrating. It's 2014 people. Learn the basics.
    sorry, its working fine for me... what exactly do I not know how to do?

----edit----

Here is a link to the album, so you don't have to click a link for each picture.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joegeis View Post
    sorry, its working fine for me... what exactly do I not know how to do?
    The URLs you used were references to the page that contained the image, not to the image itself. If the URL doesn't end in .jpg, .gif, .png (or other supported image format) its not a link to an image. After uploading an image you have to go the embed code and use the BBCode provided:

Correct code highlighted.