Page 228 of 331 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 3301

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Gentlemen, I'm working on using the info I learned through sources like Dappered to rework my wardrobe. I'm trying to focus on fit which is somewhat difficult for a pretty skinny guy (5'9'' 135lbs). I recently bought a few shirts from J. Crew during their recent sales, and I'm hoping someone can give me some reassurance. I've gotten my measurements from 2 tailors before (well seamstresses) and they gave me conflicting information LOL. One measured my shoulders as 17.5'' the other said 18''. I asked J. Crew's service before ordering for their product measurements, and it looks like for their casual shirts a size Small is 17.5'' across the shoulders and 18.5'' for a size Medium. Based on this info, I decided to go with a size Small. I am a 15.5'' collar and the collar on these shirts in Small is supposedly for up to 14 7/8'' but since they are casual and I will not wear a tie with them, I figured the fit in the shoulders was more important.

Would someone be so kind as to give me some feedback on if these shirts fit in the shoulders properly? Thank you!

Shirt 1 (J. Crew Factory): http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/do...lders.jpg.html
    Shirt 2 (J. Crew Factory): http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/do...lders.jpg.html
    Shirt 3 (J. Crew): http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/do...lders.jpg.html

Thank you!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    They look like they will work fine for casual shirts. The third on may be a little big across the shoulders but it's not a big deal. Just make sure you can give a hug or shake a hand without tearing through your shirt.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xKMAN83x View Post
    Picked up the Broadmoor Quilted Jacket in Vintage Navy the other day from J.Crew wondering what you guys think in terms of fit.. if I should consider sizing down to an XS or if it looks okie, im afraid if i goto an XS it will be too tight throughout the chest and torso when im wearing a thick sweater or shirt underneath

http://imgur.com/a/oFXa4#H1kcwHA
    Looks spot on. I definitely wouldn't go smaller.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    xKMAN83x I'd say the coat is ideal. Trim enough without being restrictive, ie cold. And the sleeve length is how I prefer cool weather outerwear. Long enough to cover the wrist with a bent arm. Typically, I prefer function over form...

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Picked up the Broadmoor Quilted Jacket in Vintage Navy the other day from J.Crew wondering what you guys think in terms of fit.. if I should consider sizing down to an XS or if it looks okie, im afraid if i goto an XS it will be too tight throughout the chest and torso when im wearing a thick sweater or shirt underneath
    @xKMAN83x, That's just about the best fitting quilted jacket I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by unnamedplayer View Post
    Gentlemen, I'm working on using the info I learned through sources like Dappered to rework my wardrobe. I'm trying to focus on fit which is somewhat difficult for a pretty skinny guy (5'9'' 135lbs). I recently bought a few shirts from J. Crew during their recent sales, and I'm hoping someone can give me some reassurance. I've gotten my measurements from 2 tailors before (well seamstresses) and they gave me conflicting information LOL. One measured my shoulders as 17.5'' the other said 18''. I asked J. Crew's service before ordering for their product measurements, and it looks like for their casual shirts a size Small is 17.5'' across the shoulders and 18.5'' for a size Medium. Based on this info, I decided to go with a size Small. I am a 15.5'' collar and the collar on these shirts in Small is supposedly for up to 14 7/8'' but since they are casual and I will not wear a tie with them, I figured the fit in the shoulders was more important.

Would someone be so kind as to give me some feedback on if these shirts fit in the shoulders properly? Thank you!
    @unnamedplayer, It's hard to tell from the pictures. In general, you're going to have a very hard time finding a good fit because you're so thin. On that note, I'm somewhat jealous that you're the same height as me and over 40lbs lighter.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    As others have said, that fit looks fine to me. Not skin-tight, but that's good for outerwear. If you find the sleeves too long you can always roll them up, which is what I end up doing with most of my casual outerwear anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by unnamedplayer View Post
    If you're concerned about falling between small and medium and this is a small, I think you should stick with the small. The fit seems fine to me, from what I can tell in the pictures. These shirts don't look too tight at all. They are maybe even a hair wide at the shoulder. But I think the fact that your shoulders and traps are pretty flat is causing the shirt shoulder seam to sit a little lower down the shoulder and look a little wider than it might on someone with a slightly different body type. If the shirts fit pretty well through the chest and neck, I wouldn't be too worried about the shoulders being a hair wide.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

Just picked up this overcoat and I have doubts about the fit. I feel the arms are too long and there's about 3/4 of an inch extra room around the chest, even with winter clothing on. On the other hand, it's snug around the shoudlers so a size smaller might just be too small. What do you think? Is tailoring an option, and what price range should I expect?

Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/RS4kb3q.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/yB40l2d.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/8sMF4HK.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/XAcenhd.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/QnC32Uk.jpg

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    It seems to me that the arms are fine because it's an overcoat and you'll want it to cover your jacket and shirt sleeves. The 3/4 of an inch in the chest will accommodate layering. Less than an inch of room isn't really a lot. You should stil be able to throw a snowball while wearing it. An overcoat shouldn't fit like a second skin.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

If you're concerned about falling between small and medium and this is a small, I think you should stick with the small. The fit seems fine to me, from what I can tell in the pictures. These shirts don't look too tight at all. They are maybe even a hair wide at the shoulder. But I think the fact that your shoulders and traps are pretty flat is causing the shirt shoulder seam to sit a little lower down the shoulder and look a little wider than it might on someone with a slightly different body type. If the shirts fit pretty well through the chest and neck, I wouldn't be too worried about the shoulders being a hair wide.
    Thanks sirs! Yes, I think that is what I was looking for. I think it's safe to say to not go any bigger in the shoulders.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quoted
    119 Post(s)

Suit fit help

Picked this up this week. It's a Claiborne (JCPenney) slim suit in charcoal pinstripe. Size is 42L, I'm 6'2", 200, thin but muscular from several years of weightlifting.

I believe the sleeves are long, may need waist suppression in the jacket, and I'm unsure what to make of the horizontal wrinkling up high in the shoulders on the back. Does that mean my shoulders are too broad for it, or something else? I'm sure I'm missing things, but I can't learn without asking. Any help greatly appreciated. I'm a noob, I'm trying to decide whether to keep or return. Tags are still on it.