Page 221 of 332 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 3316

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Hey guys!

I picked up this jacket from J. Crew the other day.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2195nvd.jpg

Considering that I paid $65 for it, it was just too good to pass on.

What are your thoughts about the fit? I was thinking about shortening the sleeves and maybe have the waist taken in a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    @farhad, The jacket looks good. The lapels are bowing a bit which makes me think that the shoulders might be too tight. How do they feel? Do you have a tailor whom you trust? If so, they would be able to give you better advice than any of us.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    318 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farhad View Post
    Hey guys!

I picked up this jacket from J. Crew the other day.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2195nvd.jpg

Considering that I paid $65 for it, it was just too good to pass on.

What are your thoughts about the fit? I was thinking about shortening the sleeves and maybe have the waist taken in a bit.

Thanks in advance.
    Looks good. I will leave the waist alone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I don't own any suits that fit properly, and so I finally decided to give the Suitsupply Navy Napoli a try given the reviews on Dappered. I don't wear suits to work, so this is more of a special occasion thing.

http://imgur.com/a/P3JvB

Overall, I was hoping to hear some opinions on how it fits in a 42L. I'm 6' 5" with a trimmer frame (195lbs). It feels like it fits quite well except for the sleeve length. Does anyone know how much these Suitsupply sleeves can be lengthened, and whether that would make the buttons look funny?

Thanks for the input.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    @thetallone, the fit on the shoulders and waist looks great. (nice color on the suit also). the jacket is borderline short (it should cover the butt all the way), and the first button is slightly high (it should be just above the naval), but that's ok if you like that style of fit. I don't know about he sleeves, sometime you can feel for how much extra lining is available at the sleeve.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    @thetallone looks good but as @LCDR said it is slightly short but nothing terrible. The sleeves should probably be let out a little... I bet their CS could tell you if there is enough material.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    @LCDR It looks like the vents may still be stitched and making it bunch up a little bit. I'm not positive but that could contribute to the jacket appearing a tad short. That being said I agree your view on the shoulders and waist.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Fellas, I'm having an absolute devil of a time trying to figure out if I'm supposed to be looking at long or regular-length suit jackets. I'm 6"2/190ish.

Here's that navy Claiborne suit that Joe recommended in that recent list in 40L. I *think* it's too long?

(Sorry for the crappy picture; I can confirm that it's a wonderful suit, and especially so at ~$120!)

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 850csi View Post
    Fellas, I'm having an absolute devil of a time trying to figure out if I'm supposed to be looking at long or regular-length suit jackets. I'm 6"2/190ish.

Here's that navy Claiborne suit that Joe recommended in that recent list in 40L. I *think* it's too long?

(Sorry for the crappy picture; I can confirm that it's a wonderful suit, and especially so at ~$120!)
    It's impossible to tell with your arms in the air. Can you take a picture where they're down at your side? And a picture of the back?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschetta View Post
    It's impossible to tell with your arms in the air. Can you take a picture where they're down at your side? And a picture of the back?
    Uh, yeah... I'm an idiot; I probably should've realized that.

Here are a couple of additional ones:

I don't have one of the back right now but I'll try to get one tomorrow. sorry again for the terrible quality.