Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 3302

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    paul, looks good.

I'm trying to decide if this blazer needs any tailoring. Maybe lengthen the sleeves?

Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald Classic Navy Blazer 36S. 100% wool. Base price $648.00, but got it for 30% off plus used several rewards cards.

I was looking for something with a less structured shoulder, but they did not have any Milano fits in stock. The shoulder lines look a little lumpy too. I realize the shoulder pitch is off, and the upper back is not completely smooth, but those aren't worth fixing.

BTW, its still on sale at BB.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Quoted
    150 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doomx View Post
    I can't see the extra chest fabric, especially on the first two, but I will try them on again and check.
    I believe it's called a draped chest. It's ok, as long as the shoulders and back fit. See this:

http://thesuitsofjamesbond.com/?p=2544

Banned
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    665 Post(s)
    @LCDR, dammit. Stop making me jealous. I wouldn't touch a thing on that blazer, my friend. Looks very good.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LCDR View Post
    paul, looks good.

I'm trying to decide if this blazer needs any tailoring. Maybe lengthen the sleeves?

Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald Classic Navy Blazer 36S. 100% wool. Base price $648.00, but got it for 30% off plus used several rewards cards.

I was looking for something with a less structured shoulder, but they did not have any Milano fits in stock. The shoulder lines look a little lumpy too. I realize the shoulder pitch is off, and the upper back is not completely smooth, but those aren't worth fixing.

BTW, its still on sale at BB.
    I have this in a 38R, half-lined with nickle buttons. Fits pretty much exactly the way yours does - not totally smooth like my European jackets. Shoulders look identical to mine, they're a bit lumpy but there's not much worth fixing. I think milano gave me the smooth look we're both looking for but the other proportions seemed off. I wouldn't make any adjustments, perfect as is.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    @LCDR I think the size is good on you, but there is something funky going on in the upper sleeves. There is a lot of creasing at your arms right below your shoulders. I don't know why this is happening. If this was mine, I would return it, as for such price I would expect the end result after tailoring to be perfect. If this is due to your shirt, or some other factor, then forget this comment.

Regarding the length, I think sleeves and torso/back are spot on, so if you decide to keep it, I wouldn't change anything.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Just got this suit. Its from the discontinued Joe Joseph Abboud line at JCP. I snagged the whole thing for less than $100 on clearance and some silly good coupons. 100% wool jacket lined in acetate and the pants in poly on the front to the knee. There is a little bit more padding in the shoulder than I am used to. I thought it didnt look great on but I think it is because the chest, waist, and sleeves need to be taken in/up. I'm still debating the purchase... I'm looking for a reason not to keep it, but I fear I am blinded by the price. Any thoughts from the fellas? Its a nice looking nailhead pattern.

I also have the navy version on its way to check out.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    @zcm: I'd return it, not a fan of the fit, even at that price.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2098 Post(s)
    Shoulders are either too wide or too heavily padded. Not worth it IMO.
    Ben

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    574 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    @zcm: I'd return it, not a fan of the fit, even at that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Shoulders are either too wide or too heavily padded. Not worth it IMO.
    Sometimes you just need a friend to tell you what you don't want to hear. It was like $85 only though... okay I'm taking it back.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Need a white oxford shirt to wear, and have been trying out a few different shirts.

J Crew: http://i.imgur.com/35bq7g7.jpg

Gap: http://i.imgur.com/yJz5HSr.jpg

As you can probably figure out, it's to be worn casually without buttoning the top button or two, and left untucked. Both of these are in small. Tried on the mediums, and they were much looser.