Page 15 of 331 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

@JeffN. I think the shirt looks good, but like JC said, sit down and move around and see if you get pulling across the front. My slimmest fitting shirt is a Hugo Boss trim fit and it looks fantastic while standing with good posture, but if i sit down or slouch, I can feel the shirt across my chest. Oh well, maybe it will keep me standing up straight.

In any case, it looks like you have found someone you can rely on to tailor your shirts (even if you wind up having to tell them to keep it a little looser next time) which is a good thing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Thanks for the input everyone. I think it is a bit too tight. It is fine when I'm standing, but if I sit down, I feel like the shirt will explode if I sneeze. Next time I'll ask the tailor to not take the shirt in so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got my CT shirt in a couple days ago and I just noticed that when I button the top button, the fabric bulges out right below it. It's tailored fit business casual. It fits fine otherwise... I can fit 2 fingers in the neck, the sleeves, shoulders etc are good. I'm just wondering if I should get a different size when I exchange it or just try a different style. Any thoughts?

http://picpaste.com/pics/IMG_2012040...1333848697.jpg

Varsity Member nicholascrawford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Scooter - hard to say. I think JC's earlier concerns about balance still stand. I think it has a lot to do with your posture. But it's a minor quibble. If this were custom, you'd have every reason to nitpick while here you're trying to find the roundest peg to fill the hole.

I'm actually wondering if bringing it in at the hips along the side seam wouldn't help. Your arms are at your side in the front pic, but it's possible there's extra fabric there that would snug it up in front around the crotch where it flares forward in the side shot. A good tailor would be the best person to assess this. Still, your best fit so far, I would say!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

JeffN - this seems like one of those times where you should go back to the tailor and say, "hi, I have 2 more shirts to alter, but I'd like you to redo this one so I can breathe before I bring in the other ones." If they're a stand up operation looking for long-time customers, it should be a free fix. I had a sleeve altered and re-altered because he used the wrong point of reference on accident - no charge to fix.

If you went in asking for a super skinny shirt...you got it! But it sounds like it's not what you were looking for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

AedanM - oh, dude! Send that pic to customer service!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Guys,

Just got my jcrew factory suit in today, and I was wondering if you thought it fit overall, (I think its pretty decent but I'm kind of a suit novice haha) and excuse the converse's just wore them to clearly show where the pants lie

Sorry for the picture overload btw...appreciate any suggestions for alterations I should have done when I get a chance to get it to a tailor...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Nice. Looks like it fits pretty well. I'd say it could be taken in at the back. It seems a bit big which causes the arms to bunch up. Not an expert so correct me if I'm wrong.

Dress for style, live for results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Pitt - I think it looks pretty good, but in the shot from the back, the shoulders look pretty wide on you. From the front, it looks better, but I'm not sure.

You could try a shot with your arms more relaxed at your side. The sleeves are bunching up which could mean they don't line up with your arms, but it could have to do with how you held your arms.

The pant length should be hemmed a little shorter, mebbe brought in around the seat. The waist looks good, and the buttons are not pulling, etc. That's all in good shape. My only question is with the shoulders, and that could just be the photo angle. What size did you get? I can't believe I didn't order that suit! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The shoulders are very wide. At least an inch, probably 2. The chest is a bit big. The arm holes are pretty low. Not a good fit, IMO.