Page 131 of 332 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3316

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfranklin View Post
    Quick fit check. This is BR's tailored slim shirts. I feel it's pretty good, but I'm always looking for more trained eyes.

Absolutely money on the fit.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    The wife and I went on an impromptu outlet shopping trip yesterday. I didn't expect to find much, but I snagged this completely unstructured, barely lined navy cotton blazer from Brooks Brothers for $100. I'd bee hunting for something like this for a while. It's a little less structured than some of the J Crew jackets I was looking at. Anyways, the fit looked pretty spot on to me. It's a little roomier in the waist than my BR and J Crew jackets. Thoughts?

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)
    shad0w: They all look varying degrees of good on you but to keep it simple I'm going to agree with Bruschetta on his assessment. It's unfortunate that the Havana is short even in an L and the sleeves are tight on you, because it's a great color (likewise with the blue napoli). Honestly I can see you wearing the blue napoli with no problem. It's a bit shorter than a more traditional fit but the rest of the jacket looks like it's made for you (sleeves slightly short but that's not a bad fix) and honestly I am not so conservative that a slightly shorter jacket bothers me. So if I had to keep two it'd be the wool/linen blend and the blue napoli.

ncfranklin: Shirt looks great

bjmcgeever: The BB jacket is definitely large in the waist but in the poor lighting it does seem like it fits well in the shoulders. I am concerned that it's a bit short, especially once you have the waist brought in, it may look off.
    Last edited by LosRockets; May 11th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    Still trying to find a nice sport coat / blazer. This one's a Ludlow Italian Wool Blazer (42L) in charcoal. Know the arms would need a slight shortening, but not loving the overall fit. Thinking its going back but figured I'd get some advice.

I'll probably just spend the extra $100 for the navy suitsupply blazer Joe recommended. I know their stuff fits my tweener body.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    @DerekH, if you know suitsupply fits you, go that route. The fit just isn't quite there. To me, this looks too big in the shoulders and chest.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Looks like everyone got new blazers...

Need a fit check on this blazer, my particular concern is the sleeve length being short possibly. Thoughts on this and overall are appreciated.

Front

Length

Side
    Last edited by jwest; May 15th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    two more

Shoulder

Shoulder

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekH View Post
    ...Know the arms would need a slight shortening, but not loving the overall fit.

I'll probably just spend the extra $100 for the navy suitsupply blazer Joe recommended. I know their stuff fits my tweener body.
    @DerekH- +1 with greg_s- the body seems too big as well as the shoulders.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwest View Post
    two more

Shoulder

Shoulder
    @jwest- I'm no expert- but the two shoulder shots are hard to gauge since you're holing up your left arm slightly and not letting hang naturally. That has caused your shoulder to rumple and create a couple "waves" that, if when the arm hangs naturally continue to exist, suggests the jacket isn't fitting to your build. But in your picture titled "Front" your arm hangs naturally and the shoulder appears to have a smooth, flowing and unbroken line from the neck to the end of the deltoid. Moreover, there does not appear to be a "divot" where the arm meets the shoulder seem which would suggest, if present, that your shoulders are not filling out the jacket and the shoulder pad is extending beyond the deltoid. The overall length looks good too, IMO, since you can curl your fingers when the arm hangs naturally at the side and grasp some of the coat. The sleeve length is hard to tell as well- but from everything I've read on here and the multitude of other forums and blogs suggest 1/4-1/2 inch of shirt cuff showing. The end of the jacket sleeve should hit at the center of the wrist bone- could be a smidge above it. So if the sleeves meet those criteria I call it good. You didn't show a shot if it buttoned so hard to tell if you had the button "X". It seems as though many say this is acceptable while the other camp will say it's too tight and not fitted correctly. I'm not versed enough to say if that's a shoulder issue or a waist issue. My gut tells me it's a shoulder issue.
    Last edited by ajk170; May 15th, 2013 at 11:07 PM.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    The wife and I went on an impromptu outlet shopping trip yesterday. I didn't expect to find much, but I snagged this completely unstructured, barely lined navy cotton blazer from Brooks Brothers for $100. I'd bee hunting for something like this for a while. It's a little less structured than some of the J Crew jackets I was looking at. Anyways, the fit looked pretty spot on to me. It's a little roomier in the waist than my BR and J Crew jackets. Thoughts?

Looks pretty good in the shoulders, length and sleeves. I would personally have it taken in on the sides- it looks a little too baggy and as a result detracts from the overall look. FWIW, I'm having a hard time with my jackets right now since I am cursed with carrying any weight that I have in the stomach- pot belly style- even though I'm barely 170 at 5'10", people hardly call me heavy. Nonetheless, I am hyper sensitive to my stomach and if anything gets tailored too much I tend to feel that it extenuates this feature so tailoring is a bit tricky for me with an otherwise perfect fit. You don't look like you have this issue so that's why I suggest taking the jacket in to get rid of the extra room in the front of the jacket.