Page 12 of 331 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@runners n jeans I definitely agree. Confidence plays a huge role. I've been following thestyleblogger for a while now. Good stuff. I already dress at a level above many people I know (not saying much here). My main objection to the blazer is that I don't like it personally and not so much how other people would perceive it. Or at least that's what I tell myself. Hah. In any case, I'm definitely down to wear a blazer; I just need to find one that I like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    <blockquote>

I wonder at what age I'll truly be able to pull of a blazer. I'm in my first year of grad school so I think it's soon? </blockquote>
    <blockquote>

My main objection to the blazer is that I don't like it personally and not so much how other people would perceive it.</blockquote>

@D4rkRXN

Oh, I'm a little confused. Are you talking about blazers in general or that specific one that you posted?

It sounds like the former in the first quote but then the latter in the second quote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@runners n jeans Oops. Sorry about the ambiguity. You're right. I'm talking about blazers in general in the first quote and that specific blazer in the second quote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How's this? I'm not used to jackets this thick, so it feels a little too big to me, but I'd love all of your input. This is the LL Bean Canvas ("Harrington") jacket. It's definitely thicker/warmer than I expected, so I'm not sure if it is quite what I'm looking for.

I feel like the arms are a little big, and the waist could be a little slimmer. But I'm not sure if it's in that "close enough" category. Also, I can try to get better pictures if it would help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The sleeves look like they have a good bit of extra width in that second picture.

I ordered an LL Bean jacket not too long ago and ended up returning it because it didn't fit well enough. I ate the $6.50 return fee and got back $61 instead.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Looks a bit bulky on you thmage. Don't know how you look without the jacket but something tells me you're not as bulky as the jacket makes you appear. At the same time though, if you feel like you can go out and about and do your cool weather business in it and not feel like you're wearing something that restricts your movement or is just so big you're self conscious in it, then I might just keep it. After all, it's a jacket and most (kind, decent) people won't judge you based on the fit of something that's ultimately designed to keep you warm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ok! Got the 38r in the gap ticket pocket blazer in the mail today.

Front:

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/38r/?action=view&current=IMG_4288.jpg

Back:

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/38r/?action=view&current=IMG_4290.jpg

Side:

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/38r/?action=view&current=IMG_4289.jpg

Jacket pulled completely tight so you get an idea of my build:

http://s1050.photobucket.com/albums/s407/Big_Scooter/Suit%20fit%20pics/38r/?action=view&current=IMG_4294.jpg

I think this one is a winner, but let me know what you think! The sleeves need to be shortened, of course. I can't decide if I need to get it tapered in the waist or not.

Incidentally, these are not taken in my room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Got a slim cotton suit from h&m. I figure a suit for $60 that I can take to the bar and bang around isn't bad. It's straight OTR, yes I'm aware that the pants are in desperate need of ironing.

What do you guys think? Sleeves are a tad too long. As I'm looking at it now I just noticed how bad the distressing is on the button. What say you guys?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

@Totino's fit.

I like shorter jackets, but that seems much too short. Also looks like the jacket is about to pop open. I like the color though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah me too, and they were all out of other sizes