Page 103 of 330 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3295

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    wasnt concerned about the sleeve lol, its actually just caught on my elbow. it doesnt wrap my body well at all... I asked her to move the buttons because she took the seams as far as they would go without having the pockets on the side be covered up by the jacket itself. I think now that the jacket is taken in at the seams i can have her move the buttons all the way. Other wise, i have no idea how to stop the hip flaring. (i saw that and don't really know what to tell her)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    @Eric: Based on that pic and the cost of the blazer, I wouldn't think twice about it. The shoulders look fine and, sure, there's a *small* amount of pulling at the button, but it doesn't appear, at least from the pic, that you're bursting out of the jacket. More than serviceable, imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the input, Idle. I actually just wore it out to dinner and drinks last night and everything felt fine. I think all of this searching and forum browsing has me over exposed to the world of perfect fits (hah!) and most people don't pay too much attention to the minor details anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric F View Post
    Thanks for the input, Idle. I actually just wore it out to dinner and drinks last night and everything felt fine. I think all of this searching and forum browsing has me over exposed to the world of perfect fits (hah!) and most people don't pay too much attention to the minor details anyway.
    +1 This is a very healthy way of thinking. I hope most people take the fit critiques here in the same stride.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake101 View Post
    wasnt concerned about the sleeve lol, its actually just caught on my elbow. it doesnt wrap my body well at all... I asked her to move the buttons because she took the seams as far as they would go without having the pockets on the side be covered up by the jacket itself. I think now that the jacket is taken in at the seams i can have her move the buttons all the way. Other wise, i have no idea how to stop the hip flaring. (i saw that and don't really know what to tell her)
    Is that a peacoat or a blazer?

It seems really short and the bottom & the flaring out definitely makes you look top heavy.

Are you going to a tailor or a dry cleaner/alterations place?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    haha @shadow - its a blazer. i just took it back to her. She apologized profusely - it turns out when our plans to move the buttons AND the seams, she only did the seams. Updates on Wed.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)

Here's the final fit. I'd move the outside buttons again and the jigger but other them that its good

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Just got the BR Navy Birdseye blazer that Joe mentioned the other day. It feels a little snug, but I'm interested to see what y'all think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is the X in it that says it is a bit tight, but hey, if you like it, keep it

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Quoted
    546 Post(s)
    Looks like the only tailoring it really needs is to let the midsection out a bit.