Page 101 of 331 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3301

Thread: Official "How Does This Fit?" Thread

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    @Vicious - The back of the blazer looks clean, but the chest is definitely a little tight (you can see the lapel buckling). Of course, that's if you're going for a perfect fit on a $30 jacket I think 99% of people wouldn't notice (I wouldn't have a year ago before I started paying attention to these things). It looks good so if you think you'll wear them, keep them.

@Acoustic - Like LBD, I prefer the straight simply because of the dark wash. I don't think the slim ones look bad. But they do look a little tight in the bottom of the seat are in the last picture. Here's the real test: can you sit down comfortably? If so, you can go with either look. If not, it's probably not worth any gains in proportionality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    what is the better fit
    You're the one that needs to wear them confidently. If you are already second guessing the skinny fit, they're probably not right, and you're going to be in public second guessing them again.

As for my personal take on the subject, you appear to be a very healthy and physically fit young man. No doubt attractive to the ladies. I think the skinny look works great for youthful and skinny men (e.g. lacking muscle), but your body style is more defined.
    Last edited by atoms; January 5th, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for the responses guys. Sounds like in general Straight probably fits me better, but I wouldn't look weird with the skinny fit. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Finally got around to taking a couple pics of my JCP blazer. This is a small so I can't size down. I know the sleeves are too long and it's currently too wide, but I can't tell if the shoulders are too big or just padded. Not sure what I'd be looking at to get it tailored and if it's worth it.

Arms up
    Side Shot
    Previous outfit for reference
    Really wish the GNex camera wasn't so terrible ><
    Last edited by Tim; January 5th, 2013 at 11:15 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Personally I like to go right down the middle between straight and skinny jeans... I prefer slim or slim-straight cuts. I like my jeans form-fitting but not sprayed-on.
    This. Maybe something like the Levi's 513 will strike a good middle ground for you between straight and skinny, Acoustic. wrt to the two options you have here, I agree with the consensus that you can wear either and that the dark ones look a bit better.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Finally got around to taking a couple pics of my JCP blazer. This is a small so I can't size down. I know the sleeves are too long and it's currently too wide, but I can't tell if the shoulders are too big or just padded. Not sure what I'd be looking at to get it tailored and if it's worth it.

Arms up
    Side Shot
    Previous outfit for reference
    Really wish the GNex camera wasn't so terrible ><
    I think I'd pass. Everything - including the shoulders - looks a small notch too big for you. I mean, the shoulders are in the category of "wearable, if I'd thrifted it," but I personally wouldn't want to put that much work (sides and sleeves) into a JCP sports coat (since part of the point is that you're getting it for cheap). Then again, I have a murderously expensive NYC tailor, so your tailoring threshold may be different.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2073 Post(s)
    I agree with Idle_Hands... the shoulders don't seem to fit especially well. The amount of tailoring you'd need done on the rest of the jacket (waist suppression and sleeve shortening) would be more expensive than the jacket itself - way too much investment into a relatively low quality piece, especially since the fit will still only be mediocre thanks to the shoulders.

I'd say you'd be better off returning it and waiting for a decent discount on a Banana Republic tailored fit jacket, or something else similar. It's better to spend more on a higher quality item that needs only a small amount of tailoring than to get a very cheap jacket that your tailor will essentially have to remake for you.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys. Sounds like in general Straight probably fits me better, but I wouldn't look weird with the skinny fit. Thanks!
    I think skinny and even slim straight is really tough to pull off when you have broad shoulders. I'm in the same boat - have really broad shoulders and a narrow waist and I feel like I look top heavy w/ a really slim fit pant. Since I don't wear underarmour compression shirts every day, the inconsistency in fit between upper and lower body just looks off.
    Reminds me of that scene in Superbad where Seth is trying to talk himself into the tight pants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Acoustic: Post that shot of you in the slim pants but include your shoes in the shot as well. I need to see how those pants taper to better gauge on the fit.

However, with that said, I still think the slim cut looks IMMENSELY better than the straight. This is because you have an athletic physique. I typically wear my pants "slim", although in reality that are just regular/straight cut but at 5'11 and 190lbs (wearing a 32 trouser) my muscular thighs make a straight look slim.

Look at guys like Daniel Craig for inspiration:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qoWLRO8FsY...-Of-Solace.jpg

That's the type of fit all muscular guys should be aiming for imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan View Post
    Acoustic: Post that shot of you in the slim pants but include your shoes in the shot as well. I need to see how those pants taper to better gauge on the fit.

However, with that said, I still think the slim cut looks IMMENSELY better than the straight. This is because you have an athletic physique. I typically wear my pants "slim", although in reality that are just regular/straight cut but at 5'11 and 190lbs (wearing a 32 trouser) my muscular thighs make a straight look slim.

Look at guys like Daniel Craig for inspiration:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qoWLRO8FsY...-Of-Solace.jpg

That's the type of fit all muscular guys should be aiming for imo
    Thanks for the reference. I guess I will experiment with the middle ground as others have talked about. I didn't even know there was a "slim" option. I thought jeans were either boot cut, straight or skinny. Someone mentioned the 513s here, I'll take a look at those when I get the chance...or would it just be cheaper to just have my current pants tailored?