Page 199 of 635 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Ha, Vicious, don't flatter yourself, Heisenberg is all about the neutrals. But really, that's a good looking jacket.

I ended up spending around $160 at Banana Republic last night. I bought one of their charcoal blazers, chinos, a shirt, and two sweaters. Hopefully most of it will fit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    ^ Those bold color fall jackets are always fun, I bet you will be happy with yours as well Vicious.

After a long time, I stopped by my JCP store, and there was plenty of stuff on the clearance racks. I picked up a cotton blazer for $24, and a great pindot shirt for $6, as well as a couple of nice pima cotton gray v necks they had for $6 each.
    They are all from JCP brand, which was moved from its previous spot, and replaced with "St.John's Bay". None of the new arrivals looked interesting, and I think they are moving back to "old ways" of attracting the older folks with the whole coupon/additional sales/percieved good deals scheme (see Kohls).
    Stopped by in BR to maybe make a use of my 40% coupon, did not see anything exciting, maybe the elbow patch sweaters be worth another look if I go next Wednesday..

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2142 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Might be worth a return trip, Ben. My local Rack used to have a few of the rust (or whatever) suede pair and a handful of the beige/sand suede pair too. Seems like the last time I was there they only had the beige suede left, but they still had a few in my size. The were originally $199, but were down to $99 last time I saw them. I'm going to try to check my shop to see if they're still around and at $70. Not sure I'll be able to walk away from them at *that* price.

Also, did you find them similar-fitting to your Florsheim Havilands? Seems to me they fit pretty closely to my Veblens. I'm wearing those today, so it'll be an easy comparison if I make it there today.
    Sadly I don't live near a Nordstrom Rack anymore. Is it pathetic if that's the main thing I miss about my old town? The lack of shopping options is really the only drawback to my current town.

Re: Sizing, they were pretty different to me. The Havilands run huge in my experience. I normally wear 7.5 or 8, had to size down to a 7 in the Havilands and they are still a little loose if I'm not wearing thick socks. I tried an 8 in the Big Sur and that size seemed to be fine.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post

I'd say, wear those around the house for a few/several days. You have what, 30 days for returns at the Rack? As long as they're not worn from pavement (or otherwise beat-down), they'll allow returns. If they feel good on your feet after those indoor wearings, I'd say keep 'em - that's a great price on an AE shoe, as long as *you* like them.
    Im a 7.5D for the 5 last but my Nordstrom rack only the Surs in 8D. They seem to fit fine, and actually for my left foot they are already comfortable out of the box (my left is a bit larger than my right) But for my right foot it feels a bit weird at the moment. The sole feels like it has a very slight U where the bridge of your feet is and I assume this is for support? While it does serve this purpose for my left, it feels uncomfortable for my right for now. The slight U hits the heel of my feet rather than let the bridge rest comfortably there (if this makes sense at all). I will take your advice and see how my right foot likes em as they get softer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    BenR: My bad. I meant similar fit as in feel, comfort level, and general shape. You're dead on concerning running BIG. I measure 11.5 and wear 11 in most dress shoes (11.5 in some casual offerings). But yes, I'm wearing 10.5 in the Veblens, and although they don't still feel big/loose on me, I got the dreaded heel-slip when they were brand new. That sole is a sturdy fella. In summary, my bad; I should've been more clear.

Aqwayne: Turns out that Nordy Rack has recently changed their return policy to whenever/forever, so long as you have the receipt and tags attached. So, no rush, apparently. I'd double check if I were you, but that is what I was told.

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2142 Post(s)
    I really don't remember how the Big Surs felt. I probably tried them on 6 months ago or longer. But I do remember liking them a lot when wearing them.
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have a pair of AE Chesters on the way that I scored for dirt cheap on ebay. I'd never heard of this model before I stumbled across them; pretty standard balmoral wingtips - here's to hoping a little tlc brings them back to life.

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2142 Post(s)
    Eric - I think I have those same shoes, the Chesters. Got them for $40 from a fellow thrifter. They are great shoes, my standard black dress shoes.
    Ben

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Came home to find the new JCF donegal cardigan on my doorstep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Got this early in the summer:

It's a BR Heritage cardigan with peacoat details. Nice and chunky, liked the chest pockets and perfect for the harsh Texas winters.

I also loaded up on some JCP Stafford oxfords. Their tailored shirts fit me perfectly. Great for the money. Also picked up some Dockers ginghams. Quite soft and feel very similar to J Crew's secret wash. Had no expectations so was very pleased. These will see lots of wear. I really like the autumn hues.
    Also picked up the walnut Daltons in the seconds sale. No blemishes at all, and slowly breaking in.