Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 5572

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burban View Post

New additions from Chipp. Forgot to include the older sibling in rust.

In order: brown, slate blue, navy, and wine. The wine looked almost like a magenta before I took it out of the plastic covering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wearing my slate blue today and I swear it feels like it has less lining and is far lighter than my rust one I bought a year ago. Does anyone else with Chipp grenadines have any experience with some ties feeling lighter and less substantial than their other ones?

I'll have to take out the food scale tonight and weigh them to be sure.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    569 Post(s)
    Just pulled the trigger on these puppies:

Was torn on what colour to go with and couldn't decide between oxblood or walnut. Ended up with walnut as I thought they might go with more of my wardrobe.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Quoted
    613 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post

Was torn on what colour to go with and couldn't decide between oxblood or walnut. Ended up with walnut as I thought they might go with more of my wardrobe.
    Good luck! The reason I say that is AE Walnut varies widely in color. Some are more orange, some are more brown. I love the color in that stock photo but mine are more on the orange side but I am ok with that. They have worn in nicely.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    714 Post(s)
    New additions from Chipp. Forgot to include the older sibling in rust.

In order: brown, slate blue, navy, and wine. The wine looked almost like a magenta before I took it out of the plastic covering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats - I find that I wear the wine the most. At least mine (which is a year plus old) is a lighter burgundy color that is really versatile and interesting without being too off the beaten path. Hard to go wrong with any of the colors you have (we have the same colors, except I have black instead of navy).

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Congrats - I find that I wear the wine the most. At least mine (which is a year plus old) is a lighter burgundy color that is really versatile and interesting without being too off the beaten path. Hard to go wrong with any of the colors you have (we have the same colors, except I have black instead of navy).
    Thanks. I'm sure I'll end up with the black and possibly darker purple before long. I don't have much use for brighter/lighter colors like khaki, yellow, or fire-engine red. My M-F suit ensemble is mostly navy and grey suits with white and blue shirts and muted ties.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quoted
    714 Post(s)
    Thanks. I'm sure I'll end up with the black and possibly darker purple before long. I don't have much use for brighter/lighter colors like khaki, yellow, or fire-engine red. My M-F suit ensemble is mostly navy and grey suits with white and blue shirts and muted ties.
    I also have the dark purple and it's pretty fantastic. Generally all the colors above work great in a traditional business wardrobe (blue/grey base, with some browns mixed in). Makes picking a tie rather easy, except now trying to pick which color I want to wear that day.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    569 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Good luck! The reason I say that is AE Walnut varies widely in color. Some are more orange, some are more brown. I love the color in that stock photo but mine are more on the orange side but I am ok with that. They have worn in nicely.
    Aw crap! I like the colour in the photo which is why I opted for the walnut instead of the oxblood. I suppose I'll have to check them out once they arrive. I bought them from the Shoebank too, so fingers crossed, they don't have any HUGE defects.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    EBay, 44 bucks shipped, nearly perfect.

J. Crew Kenton Blue Suede

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Ha! As did I. It was my third boot purchase this winter, so I am set for a few years :lol:

Regarding the color variations with walnut, if you get them and don't like them, you can always try different color polishes to alter the color to something more of your liking.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    569 Post(s)
    @.brian. well crap. After reading the post about the flash sale at the Shoebank today I went on the website and noticed they had a pair of Daltons, in bourbon, in my size. Those boots were NOT there yesterday which is why I went for the walnut ones. And because shipping to Canada is such a pain in the ass, I doubt I'll return them if they are not to my liking. This are my first pair of Daltons BTW. So what do you wear with the lighter colour(ed) boot?

@DandyLion nice find. I've toyed with the idea of picking up that pair of shoes. I'm just not sure how to wear them/what to pair them with.