Page 605 of 612 FirstFirst ... 105505555595603604605606607 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 6118

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    I was downtown at jury duty yesterday. They gave us a long lunch so I decided to stop in one of the local men’s stores nearby called Penners. It’s an institution in San Antonio, been there since 1916. I had no intention of buying anything but then found these tropical wool trousers. The second picture shows their true color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Hey can I ask what make and model those sneakers are? That dark green suede is something else.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    Lace Anchors 2.0

https://laceanchors.com

I bought little plastic doo-dads that allow me to lace without a bow and without having to tie anything on the inside of the shoe. After trying these, I think I should have gotten the 9 pack.
    Sorry, see my message above. Forget to click reply with quote. Again, awesome shoes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    361 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Hey can I ask what make and model those sneakers are? That dark green suede is something else.
    Those are Aquatalia Benjamin dark green pony hair.

https://www.6pm.com/product/8762155/color/646175

They are very comfortable although it is questionable if they are worth $178. They certainly aren't worth the $595 msrp. The edge of the tongue is already going bald on mine, although none of that is visible unless I take them off. This is after about 25 wears. The shedding is not as bad as the haircalf converse I had before. I clean them with a soft cat brush and magic eraser for the soles. I store them in the shoe bag that came with them.

Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1737 Post(s)
    Finally picked up a Baracuta Harrington. I got real excited about the tangerine color available on J.Crew; however, when I received it, it was more yellow than the orange I had anticipated. So I returned that. None of the other colors available at US retailers really interested me (the bright Cambridge blue is fun but not available in my size). I ended (no pun intended) up deciding on the racing green color available from End. I was glad to have bought from J.Crew first because then I didn't have to guess on my sizing with international returns on the line from End. These do run a size small.

Ben

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Finally picked up a Baracuta Harrington. I got real excited about the tangerine color available on J.Crew; however, when I received it, it was more yellow than the orange I had anticipated. So I returned that. None of the other colors available at US retailers really interested me (the bright Cambridge blue is fun but not available in my size). I ended (no pun intended) up deciding on the racing green color available from End. I was glad to have bought from J.Crew first because then I didn't have to guess on my sizing with international returns on the line from End. These do run a size small.

Nice. Love Harrington jackets. Hoping to get one myself some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    How do you like the fit? I've heard some people say they aren't slim enough.

Mentioned
    384 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1737 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan850 View Post
    How do you like the fit? I've heard some people say they aren't slim enough.
    There is a little extra blousing around the bottom back around the elastic hem, but nothing crazy. That just seems to be inherent to the design. I would not call it baggy or boxy. Even sized up, I would say it is pretty fitted for the most part.
    Ben

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)
    J. Crew ludlow un suit before any tailoring
    Navy stretch cotton
    44r and 36x32 on 5'11" and 220 lbs
    Unstructured and I think enough material to let out and get rid of the button x'ing

My only hesitation for keeping it is it's first duty would have to be a summer day wedding in LA, groomsmen were told to "just wear a navy suit", so I'm worried about it being too rumpled next to more structured suits.

I'm hoping to also get the spier & Mackay hopsack 2 piece soon to be coming out and compare. Also any recommendations if I should go slim or contemporary on the S&M?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dun; April 11th, 2018 at 03:47 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    @Dun If you need to have a Ludlow let out, your probably better off with the contemporary fit from S&M. If it's your first order from them, you can always pick up both fits to see which is best since returns on your first purchase are free. I really regret not picking up the matching trousers from last year's run of their navy hopsack sport coats.