Page 501 of 627 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 6268

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    I recently found a bunch of Brooks Brothers shirts at Marshalls for $30 but they didn't have any in my size so I bought two, hoping Brooks Brothers would let me exchange the size and color. They did! I'm just kicking myself now that I only bought two.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgfarb View Post
    I recently found a bunch of Brooks Brothers shirts at Marshalls for $30 but they didn't have any in my size so I bought two, hoping Brooks Brothers would let me exchange the size and color. They did! I'm just kicking myself now that I only bought two.
    What state, city are you located at?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninpb View Post
    What state, city are you located at?
    It was the Marshalls in Friendship Heights, Washington DC. But it was a couple weeks ago that I bought them so I'm not sure they'd have any left.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    I snagged a Drake's PS of the JCrew sale today for $30. https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...2531?sale=true

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    New-to-me watch, new strap:

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    My blue EF-503 came today, it's one link too tight but luckily I have links left over from my black one

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    I bought a JCrew chinos https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/...=11251-BR6186e

and happy to have it.
    Last edited by fiftyforfifty; June 1st, 2016 at 03:53 AM. Reason: type error
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    384 Post(s)

Picked up an ISAIA sportcoat from Barney's sale this past weekend. Not the right season for it, but looking forward to wearing it when it gets colder.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quoted
    480 Post(s)
    My Mora 2.0 in bourbon just shipped. Should be here Friday.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    Alright, I'm kinda proud of myself. One of my personal style goals this year was to add some more colors and patterns to the closet, and I decided to start with a Madras shirt. After asking around on this forum and others for suggestions, I finally settled on this one from Tailor Vintage:

Genuine bleeding Madras in brighter (but not too ambitious) colors, with a non-button down collar. $108.00 plus another $25 to get it shipped to me out of the States.

Anyway, mall store sales are happening, and I decide to do some exploring last Saturday morning. And in the local Nautica store, way at the back on the discount rack, I find this for $20:

Genuine Madras? No (it's a very light poplin). Button down collar? Yes. But, "Self," I say, "for $20 it's close enough."

So, with an extra $113 left in my projected budget, I keep looking around at the sales. End up with 4 more shirts from Rose Pistol, Color Siete, and Mango, all on sale for 60%-70% off (on average about $22 each). Then, feeling lucky, on the way home I stop at one of the U.S. Brand Outlet stores we have here. And I find a NWT short sleeve BR plaid shirt in a linen/cotton blend ($15.00) and a no-name (tags were cut off) white shirt collar polo for $6 (which I'd also been looking for for a while). Not totally in love with the collar of the polo, but I'll see how much I use it before buying one from S&M or Kent Wang.

Long story short, I'm about $135 all in and have 7 shirts for $2 more than what the T.V. Madras would have cost me. I'll start with these and see if I can work up the courage to try a @hauttedoggie style patchwork Madras some day.