Page 611 of 635 FirstFirst ... 111511561601609610611612613621 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    @DocDave Pretty comfortable so far. They have gotten plenty of wear in the past few weeks when I am not dressed for work. I really only have two small gripes with them. One is that I could use just a touch more arch support, it's not really that bad but I would probably have some discomfort if I were to walk around Boston all day. The second is that after wearing them for a bit I kind of wish I had gone a half size up for some added room in the toe box, with the style of shoe I've realized I prefer a looser fit than I had originally assumed. In the end considering the money spent ($45-ish) I'm satisfied.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    @DocDave Pretty comfortable so far. They have gotten plenty of wear in the past few weeks when I am not dressed for work. I really only have two small gripes with them. One is that I could use just a touch more arch support, it's not really that bad but I would probably have some discomfort if I were to walk around Boston all day. The second is that after wearing them for a bit I kind of wish I had gone a half size up for some added room in the toe box, with the style of shoe I've realized I prefer a looser fit than I had originally assumed. In the end considering the money spent ($45-ish) I'm satisfied.
    What style of Seeveas are those? I'm also looking to pick up a pair. Don't Seavees have removable insoles so you can add something with more arch support. Also, how do they compare in size to other shoes or sneakers you've worn? I've been debating if I should go with my normal size or a half size up since I have wide feet.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Anxiously awaiting...

Bonobos banff black jacket
    Bonobos cotton cashmere 1/4 zip sweater
    Bonobos washed chinos in congo
    Bonobos unbuttondown stretch

Alden factory 2nds boots 44921H
    Alden accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmeyers View Post
    Anxiously awaiting...

Bonobos banff black jacket
    Bonobos cotton cashmere 1/4 zip sweater
    Bonobos washed chinos in congo
    Bonobos unbuttondown stretch

Alden factory 2nds boots 44921H
    Alden accessories

Is it actually filling you with anxiety or are you excited? ;P

Those are some great picks for fall/winter, especially those boots!!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    @Geo I guess I missed your post. These are the style that I got. They do have removable insoles but I'm worried that putting something with more support in will make the shoe even tighter around the toe box. They fit pretty TTS compared to other sneakers of mine but since you have wide feet I'd go a half size up.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Is it actually filling you with anxiety or are you excited? ;P

Those are some great picks for fall/winter, especially those boots!!
    If Iím honest itís 70/30 anxiety. All bonobos is final sale- even though I am certain of the fit and sizes itís just a for sure $400 that I dropped.

And while I can return the boots if needed, another $400 drop.

But, Iím sure when it all works Iíll be pumped and super happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Picked up an Indochino Hemsworth in midnight navy with a vest and a custom shirt.

12 days from ordering to delivery.

I might take the pant waist in slightly but other than that, pretty damned near perfect on the first shot.

Iím starting to think the horror stories you hear are almost entirely end user in nature.

I had my gf measure me (she has a job that demands precision and is highly detail oriented). I never set foot in a show room.

Iím pairing them with black Allen Edmonds 5th avenues. Hope it all works out since I readily admit that I am not the most fashion savvy guy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    If Iím honest itís 70/30 anxiety. All bonobos is final sale- even though I am certain of the fit and sizes itís just a for sure $400 that I dropped.

And while I can return the boots if needed, another $400 drop.

But, Iím sure when it all works Iíll be pumped and super happy

Wednesday arrival of everything.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    172 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    @Geo I guess I missed your post. These are the style that I got. They do have removable insoles but I'm worried that putting something with more support in will make the shoe even tighter around the toe box. They fit pretty TTS compared to other sneakers of mine but since you have wide feet I'd go a half size up.
    No worries. I ended up going with the Seavees Legend but they were way to narrow even at a half size up. I returned them in exchange for a pair of Vans Authentics with the Ultracush removable soles. The Seavees seemed like the much better sneaker but at least I know that the Vans will fit.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Wednesday arrival of everything.

The Aldenís are... something.

Gorgeous. Leather is smooth as anything. Sole is excellent, and canít really find the imperfection.

Fit is fine for me. I have only ever owned Indyís. So this was a move from 10.5 in the Indy to my traditional 11D. Slightly roomy in the toe box but not big.

Only problem is- DANG these are noisy. Like- tongue to upper rub noisy. Wow.

Iím assuming boot cream and wear over time and it will subside.