Page 602 of 627 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604612 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 6268

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1462 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Brian Goulet has a Fountain Pen 101 article about this: https://blog.gouletpens.com/2015/08/...ns-for-lefties

JetPens has a guide to fast-drying inks: https://www.jetpens.com/blog/fast-dr...en-inks/pt/896

-Vic
    Thanks! I had no idea such things even existed. I'll check it out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    After a while of thinking on it, I finally bought myself a pair of Red Wing Moc Toe 6" boots from a local retailer. I believe they are the 8883 style.

Two days into breaking them in, thus far. Looking forward to using those things for several years to come.
    Several years is an understatement...mine turned 10 last year. With lots of TLC, they still look great!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    Franklin Tailored (Amazon brand) houndstooth sportcoat.

I picked up another one of these after really liking the first one. Same basic design: European sizing, lower patch pockets, inset barchetta chest pocket, unlined (except sleeves of/c). I realized the buttons on these are non-functional after trying to actually unbutton one... they look like they could be functional. Non-functional is a plus in any case as I need to alter the sleeve length by 1". Fabric label of "Super 120's Vitale Barberis Canonico."

Amazon has a great product here in the tens of dollars range. I don't know if I would like these as much for the original price. They appear to get returned and then drop by $10–20 per week until someone finally buys them. I had some saved in my shopping cart that it looks like someone else bought. Maybe I should stop telling people about them...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    Franklin Tailored (Amazon brand) houndstooth sportcoat.

I picked up another one of these after really liking the first one. Same basic design: European sizing, lower patch pockets, inset barchetta chest pocket, unlined (except sleeves of/c). I realized the buttons on these are non-functional after trying to actually unbutton one... they look like they could be functional. Non-functional is a plus in any case as I need to alter the sleeve length by 1". Fabric label of "Super 120's Vitale Barberis Canonico."

Amazon has a great product here in the tens of dollars range. I don't know if I would like these as much for the original price.

Can you please post some fit pics? On Amazon, the model shots aren't very good; the blazer looks stiff, boxy, overly structured, too big for the models. They look more softly constructed in your photo, but it's hard to tell when it's not on.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sky7i View Post
    Can you please post some fit pics? On Amazon, the model shots aren't very good; the blazer looks stiff, boxy, overly structured, too big for the models. They look more softly constructed in your photo, but it's hard to tell when it's not on.
    I will try to take some for you tomorrow. All I have so far is one picture I posted to WIWT. There is not much shoulder padding; I can easily pinch the shoulders together unlike a more structured jacket.

Another thing I found out is there are two jacket types called "Franklin Tailored sportcoat" on Amazon: Italian with patch pockets and Canadian with inset flap pockets. I bought a third sportcoat with the flap pockets that I returned because it felt too much like a suit jacket. The flap-pocket version had more padding and was lined. It might have been okay altered and if it had matching trousers.

I agree they look all weird on the model Amazon used the most. I was thinking the jackets don't even look like they are the right size on him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I will try to take some for you tomorrow. All I have so far is one picture I posted to WIWT. There is not much shoulder padding; I can easily pinch the shoulders together unlike a more structured jacket.
    Looks MUCH better here! A great fit on you, and nice drape. Smart looking. Would love to see the shoulder and the inside the jacket, if not too inconvenient.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sky7i View Post
    Looks MUCH better here! A great fit on you, and nice drape. Smart looking. Would love to see the shoulder and the inside the jacket, if not too inconvenient.
    This is the blue nailhead jacket again. I tried to get a picture of the shoulders front and back, but it was pretty awkward. I suppose I need a camera timer app.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    401 Post(s)
    And one more in the mirror

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    561 Post(s)
    Todd SnyderTimex I picked up on sale recently. Unfortunately it has the annoying Timex tick

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Amazon has a great product here in the tens of dollars range.
    I agree these look fantastic--can you link to the brown one? I'm not seeing any in the "tens of dollars" range... The cheapest one when I search is a nasty light red at $80.