Page 99 of 627 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199599 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Picked up this today: http://www.cottonfieldshop.com/gb/it...tus-b46139007/ How ya'll like it?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    I think that will take sartorial (felt like using this word per Joe's post about overused words) cajones to pull off.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    A bit of a roll lately. I picked up these pants:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-e...246063_-1.html

They are slim but I like the look and feel of them. My tailor is letting the legs out.

This was a gift and I think it is really great. A cover for a double-edge safety razor. I feel like I can more easily travel with it now.

Not everyone's style but I picked up these Vibram sole Grensons. They have already been fantastic in this brutal MN winter. I just purchased some Obenauf's LP to use with them as well. Other random purchases, Schnee's conditioner, feather blades for the razor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, gonna pair it with really simple pieces (there is another word from that list ), layer it under a blazer, maybe try pulling it off with a more causal suit, will let you guys know in WIWT. BTW: Grensons look great

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    greg - you keep your double edge pieced together between shaves?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    @tdig, yep. I don't keep that cover on it. I have a stand that it hangs on day to day. I never considered taking it apart, seems like more work than it's worth. I'm also not "into" shaving; as in I don't read shave forums or anything. I just like how my face looks and feels after using it.

@Matt, thanks they've quickly become daily wearers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Greg, where'd you get that cover? I've just been wrapping my blade up in a couple of paper towels if i have to travel and its a relatively new blade in there

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_s View Post
    @tdig, yep. I don't keep that cover on it. I have a stand that it hangs on day to day. I never considered taking it apart, seems like more work than it's worth. I'm also not "into" shaving; as in I don't read shave forums or anything. I just like how my face looks and feels after using it.
    Basically the same for me although I don't think I get a better shave with it than the fusion pro I was using before then. I mainly switched since I was getting tired of paying $3-$4 per blade even though I only switched it out about every 3 weeks.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)
    @vicious, are you using feather blades? I find the shave to be much much better with feather blades.

@andrew, google Kenton Sorenson. His goods are nothing short of fantastic. The price on most items is laughable for dappered (though I do also own the Dopp kit), but the blade cover is really reasonable. Tight at first but it stretches nicely. Also his leather goods develop a beautiful patina over time.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Greg - I got a variety pack that had 7 different types of blades, including Feathers. My hair grows in so many different directions that the blade doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I usually go with the grain with the 1st pass, then go against the grain with my 2nd pass, then use the Fusion pro for a 3rd pass in whatever direction to get anything that I couldn't get with the straight edge razor.