Page 97 of 634 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197597 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ordered my first MTM shirt ever from CottonWork. Light blue OCBD with a placket, single button cuffs, split yoke, clean back, no pocket and fabric from their Executive collection.

Kinda OK with this as a test-run more than anything as I fully anticipate using this shirt to get the fit dialed in perfectly on my next order.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joshjensen View Post
    Here's a quick photo...not much detail. How's the fit look, gentlemen?

Yeah, a tad long, as mentioned; but otherwise, look pretty solid to me. Good score!

I saw some of those producers pants at a local TJMAxx (weird - as it was the *only* Express item in the shop - and with a very suspicious store tag on it too). Anyway, I would've snagged them but they were too short. The fact that you can tailor yours makes them a win in my eyes.

Oh, and you might want to buff some of that black polish off of your right shoe. It looks a little heavy compared to the left one.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious Styles View Post
    Had a good day thrifting: Got a dress shirts from Hugo Boss and Banana Republic and a Brooks Brothers argyle sweater. Total: $25!
    Nice! I have thrifted some very nice BR shirts, both two years back, and just last week; from the same shop. There must be a pretty dapper dude who drops his duds off there when he gets tired of them. If only he'd get rid of a few blazers...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainsky View Post
    Found a pair of these "get shit done" Wolverine boots at Marshalls for $26. Sometimes you just need a pair of real workin' boots in Minnesota weather, and I couldn't pass them up at that price.
    I think I *just* saw those same boots at a local Marshalls here last week. They were running toms of shoes on clearance, but I didn't notice that low of a price. Gonna hit it maybe today and check. Those are nice outside in the yard boots... as you say... "get shit done."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    I think I *just* saw those same boots at a local Marshalls here last week. They were running toms of shoes on clearance, but I didn't notice that low of a price. Gonna hit it maybe today and check. Those are nice outside in the yard boots... as you say... "get shit done."
    I *did* however snag from that Marshalls location, some pretty badass navy suede (ok, *blue* suede) Johnston&Murphy loafers. They were not marked down to clearance level prices, but they still seemed like a good deal at $70. I'm going to audition them around the house before I clip the tags off - just to make sure I can rock them with confidence. They look pretty sweet, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Long time no post, my excuse is being back home for the holidays and spending some quality time with people I haven't seen for a long time

But got these items in the last 4 weeks:

Chunky knit turtleneck, cotton-nylon-wool blend, hot like an oven. Thinking of pairing it up with a light grey suit once in a while, thoughts?

Got this funky shirt on sale at Zara, great cotton, summery feel. Gonna pair it with this knit tie or some other solid neck wear, roll the sleeves up for the summer look. Thoughts? I know it is a pretty loud piece.

And "borrowed" this Timex from my dad. At first I thought it will be too busy for me but I'm loving it, it became my go to casual watch! The gimmicky thing is the background lights up when you push the button on the side.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Worth a visit to Banana Republic store again
    They marked down the sale item even more. Got this 100% wool jacket for around 90 in store today. 250 on their site.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...r&kwid=1&ap=14

The fit is decent, arm hole a bit large and low, but should be alterable. decent length and not boxy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Found a pretty good quality pair of AE Daltons on ebay for 185. I am afraid to even wear these outside haha. Was definitely in better shape than the auction suggested! Now that I have these Ill black polish my Staffords

http://goo.gl/g2fWG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    These are gorgeous! Was really looking for Daltons when I was in the search for a pair of brogue boots. Too bad, they are more than scarce here in the UK. And as a student that bought his first pair of more expensive footwear I know that feeling all too well. But I say, screw the price and wear them proudly, take care of them and they will last you a long time. And when you see people's faces on the street looking you over and when they reach your shoes their faces just says wow, that is priceless

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    259 Post(s)
    Just got the BR Navy Birdseye and Charcoal Herringbone blazers Joe has mentioned. I'll post some pics soon.