Page 93 of 626 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Just got the AE Big Sky for $54 shipped from the Freeport Outlet. Amazing service as always.
    Shearling lined, feel like walking on clouds. So comfortable.
    Last edited by RiveDroit; December 21st, 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    @Rive: Those look great and toasty!

Alden 903 wingtips:

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post

Picked up a cotton trench that feels like it was tailored for my body which is extremely rare. Will have to get the sleeves extended. However, there is a small hole in the Trench...anyone ever had a hole repaired by a tailor? How much is it?
    While I don't have any personal experience with reweaving, from what I've read on the Thrift Bragging Thread over at StyleForum, it tends to be fairly pricy to the extent that if something from a thrift has moth holes, the reweaving generally isn't worth the money unless it's super high end for flipping or a piece you really like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshanks View Post
    While I don't have any personal experience with reweaving, from what I've read on the Thrift Bragging Thread over at StyleForum, it tends to be fairly pricy to the extent that if something from a thrift has moth holes, the reweaving generally isn't worth the money unless it's super high end for flipping or a piece you really like.
    Yea I ended up returning my find, Reweaving is just not worth it as you said unless it's some high end custom bespoke suit or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alittlestyle View Post
    First time caller.

Recent purchase I'm excited about? A pair of 7 for All Mankind Austyn jeans for $60 at Nordstrom Rack. Not only were they my size but, somehow, they were also my length. I have quite short legs, so this was a find. Best jeans I've ever owned. Tickled at the price.
    Nice price on the jeans. what's the length on those? I've never seen a new pair in any store with a length other than 34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ravi View Post
    Nice price on the jeans. what's the length on those? I've never seen a new pair in any store with a length other than 34.
    29. Clearly they were altered, which is what I would have needed anyway. No complaints here.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Some investment pieces at deep discount.

eBay:

NWT Baracuta G9 Made in England size 36 slim in navy for $152.86 shipped (from eBay.co.uk). Customs, be kind.
    NWT Barbour Classic Beaufort size 36 in olive for $267.60 shipped.

J.Crew:

Mayfair wool-cashmere topcoat size 36 in saddle for $187.49.
    Herringbone sportcoat size 36S in brown for $172.49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Picked up the Rag and Bone Cardigan from Target, a vintage tie bar and a couple of JCrew ties (one white stripe on navy, and one red/navy striped one) that are in perfect condition from ebay for good prices

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
    @Rive: Those look great and toasty!

Alden 903 wingtips:

Those are beautiful, but the laces seem too thick to me. Then again, I like replacing all my dress shoe laces with the thin waxed ones from AE.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    bought a few of the nordstrom shoe trees today for 15. I noticed clarks also sold them for the same, though it was a 2 for 30 deal. The nordstrom had a stronger aroma though hah. At home I realized one of them was cracked through in the heel area, I'll probably exchange when I go back for some more.