Page 6 of 625 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I just ordered the Oak Street Bootmakers navy suede boat shoes. It hurt a little bit but I'm excited to get them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Been on quite a roll lately. Picked up a couple of pairs of Hook + Albert laces from the Gilt sale, have two new Old Try prints on the way, and picked up a pair of Billy Reid D-Ring loafers from their warehouse sale yesterday.

I need to slow things down, but the mention of Navy Oak Street Boat Shoes has me lusting for a pair of my own...thanks JC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Haha You're welcome!

Yeah, they're very tempting... slowly wore me down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It doesn't help matters that George is so easy to deal with. Just a great guy with some great products.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    154 Post(s)

AE Walnut Strands are on the way (currently a short wait for 13Ds)

I just received a small load of basics from Gap and Banana Republic. Some new boxers shorts (that's right, firehose youtube video be damned) and some argyle socks.

I'm very much contemplating buying an Orient Black Ray and a couple of NATO straps this weekend.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

@ RH do it. Guarantees to love them. Congrats, JC.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stopped by Macy's on the way home from work, and wound up with some deals. I have a Macy's card, so they gave me an extra 20% off of the sale prices.

2 Calvin Klein STEEL Non-Iron Slim Fit Dress Shirts (one white with very fine, nearly invisible stripes, the other charcoal). After One Day Sale and extra discount, $33 each. Retail is $70.

3 ties, as they had a huge table of closeouts/clearance for $12.99. Various brands, various patterns, and I scored two Calvin Klein ties and a Kenneth Cole Reaction tie, all for $10 each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, and stopped by Express to try out the fitted polos. They're buy 1, get 1 for $19.90, but I had a coupon for 40% off a full priced item (which you can combine with the offer). Both polos together with that cost me $35.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

@Zach: I keep forgetting I have a Macy's card back from when we made out wedding registry there. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I'm in the market for a suit (assuming I can find one there I'm satisfied with).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Have the quality of Express polos improved?

I have a few from a few years back and they feel cheaper. I started wearing Ralph Lauren POLO custom fits but i recently got a JCREW slub that feels great and has no logo. I think it may be my new go-to brand for polos.