Page 634 of 635 FirstFirst ... 134534584624632633634635 LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,340 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

  1. #6331
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    I've been skeptical about that one so please let us know what you think. I do LOVE that label!

  2. #6332
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    I've been skeptical about that one so please let us know what you think. I do LOVE that label!
    Very complex but in a good way. Initially pretty boozy (95 proof, the cask strength is 112 or so) but if you let it breathe 10 minutes or thereabouts that calms down.

    Caramel, butterscotch, malt are what i get the most but the complexity means theres a LOT goin on. Finish is quite smooth though.

    Doesn't pair well with velveeta shells and cheese, but then that's not likely the bourbon's fault.

  3. #6333
    Varsity Member mebejoseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    1,652
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Grabbed an italian stretch traveler jacket on the bonobos sale. Then i stopped by the class six when i went to Walter Reed today and found something I've been looking for....oh gosh easily for 9 months now.


    20200207_124414 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr
    Wow! That's some bottle!
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

  4. #6334
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Very complex but in a good way. Initially pretty boozy (95 proof, the cask strength is 112 or so) but if you let it breathe 10 minutes or thereabouts that calms down.

    Caramel, butterscotch, malt are what i get the most but the complexity means theres a LOT goin on. Finish is quite smooth though.

    Doesn't pair well with velveeta shells and cheese, but then that's not likely the bourbon's fault.
    Great info. Thanks! It was a review I saw on the cask strength that made me hesitant so this is good feedback to balance it out. We like a high-proof just fine but tend to lean toward rye for those. And, especially for my wife, we typically prefer bourbons with sweeter notes like you're describing. I'll probably give this a try now. Thanks again!

    Perhaps try a Puni for the pasta paring??

  5. #6335
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Great info. Thanks! It was a review I saw on the cask strength that made me hesitant so this is good feedback to balance it out. We like a high-proof just fine but tend to lean toward rye for those. And, especially for my wife, we typically prefer bourbons with sweeter notes like you're describing. I'll probably give this a try now. Thanks again!

    Perhaps try a Puni for the pasta paring??
    Definitely give it a few minutes to breathe a little bit and get the boozy side out. There are some spicy notes at first, but they're really well balanced by the sweeter side. I'd say it reminds me of Elijah Craig with more complexity.

    Well I figured I'd work my way up to it, next up is paskettio's (with meatballs of course).
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

  6. #6336
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Definitely give it a few minutes to breathe a little bit and get the boozy side out. There are some spicy notes at first, but they're really well balanced by the sweeter side. I'd say it reminds me of Elijah Craig with more complexity.

    Well I figured I'd work my way up to it, next up is paskettio's (with meatballs of course).

    .
    .

  7. #6337
    Varsity Member armedferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Sometimes TX, Sometimes MD
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

  8. #6338
    Super Moderator LesserBlackDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5,652
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2143 Post(s)
    As winter drags on I've been fantasizing about a nice pair of loafers (or maybe, just an opportunity to wear a nice pair of loafers) and kind of accidentally ordered a few pairs of Peal & Co/Brooks Bros loafers to try out. Oops.
    Ben

  9. #6339
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    125
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    As winter drags on I've been fantasizing about a nice pair of loafers (or maybe, just an opportunity to wear a nice pair of loafers) and kind of accidentally ordered a few pairs of Peal & Co/Brooks Bros loafers to try out. Oops.
    I'm curious how these turned out. Did you end up keeping any?

  10. #6340
    Varsity Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    178
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    Picked these up during the last BR sale - my only pair of black shoes are cap-toe oxfords, which are a little on the conservative side, so I was looking for something more casual for everyday office wear. What do you guys think? Mainly looking to wear these with slacks + sports coat, etc.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •