Page 616 of 633 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6322

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    First time posting on this thread. I am playing wardrobe catchup after neglecting it for the past, well, most of my life.
    So a few new items I've recently added.

AE, 5th Avenue in coffee (seconds)
    Thursday Boots, Captain in Brown (had to send back to exchange size)
    J Crew Factory Thompson Blazer in Flex Chino
    Banana Republic Melton Navy Blue Peacoat
    A colleague recently purchased a pair of the 5th Avenues in dark chilli--a great looking shoe in person. I like the proportions better than my Park Avenue shoes.

How do you like the coffee color? It looks good to me in the photos, but some people say it looks different in person.
    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    I'm getting a Brooks Brothers 1818 Regent fit suit for Xmas. It's beautiful. And my wife found a coupon code or something that stacked on the sales price--she paid only $464 for it--all in--shipping, tax, etc. So excited! I can't wait to open it on Christmas and get it to the tailor!

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Regen...efault,pd.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I'm getting a Brooks Brothers 1818 Regent fit suit for Xmas. It's beautiful. And my wife found a coupon code or something that stacked on the sales price--she paid only $464 for it--all in--shipping, tax, etc. So excited! I can't wait to open it on Christmas and get it to the tailor!

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Regen...efault,pd.html
    Congrats. I have a BB 1818 in Regent fit. I love it and it always gets compliments.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    A colleague recently purchased a pair of the 5th Avenues in dark chilli--a great looking shoe in person. I like the proportions better than my Park Avenue shoes.

How do you like the coffee color? It looks good to me in the photos, but some people say it looks different in person.
    Originally I didn't love it but I am starting to like it more and more.

I may be wearing them tonight. I will try and get a few photos for you in good lighting so you can see.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)

Here are two photos of the AE 5th Avenues in coffee.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/299147...57704676497505

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Here are two photos of the AE 5th Avenues in coffee.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/299147...57704676497505
    Okay, I love two-tone shoes and have a few pairs, so this isn't a complaint--but they look tow-tone in the photos. The caps look much darker than the rest. Is that how they look in real life?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Congrats. I have a BB 1818 in Regent fit. I love it and it always gets compliments.
    This is my second 1818 Regent--I purchased one (on sale) about six months ago, and I love the feel and drape of the fabric. The fit is much more slim than I'm used to, but my wife loves the fit--So, it all works out. I'm not sure I could ever pay full price for a suit. I'm too cheap, I guess, when it comes to suits. I don't know why, but I can spend more on a pair of shoes than on a suit.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; December 16th, 2018 at 10:53 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Okay, I love two-tone shoes and have a few pairs, so this isn't a complaint--but they look tow-tone in the photos. The caps look much darker than the rest. Is that how they look in real life?
    Yes the caps are much darker. I've seen other photos on the coffee color 5th avenues that look exactly like mine. However, the production photos on the AE website show the shoe to be a more uniform color throughout the shoe.

I read on another men's style website from a gentleman who had a conversation with an AE store manager about this. The manager stated that AE was going to have less burnishing on the toe going forward and produce shoes with a more consistent color throughout the shoe. Whether that is truth or fiction remains to be seen.

My shoes are seconds so it may have been a QC issue and in fact the shoe is supposed to be uniform in color but wasn't.

Hope that helps.

P.S. We had dinner out with friends last night and I wore them for the first time and already received a compliment on the shoes.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)
    Yes the caps are much darker. I've seen other photos on the coffee color 5th avenues that look exactly like mine. However, the production photos on the AE website show the shoe to be a more uniform color throughout the shoe.

My shoes are seconds so it may have been a QC issue and in fact the shoe is supposed to be uniform in color but wasn't.
    You got a discount because they are seconds? And I might have paid extra for a two-tone look.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    You got a discount because they are seconds? And I might have paid extra for a two-tone look.
    Yep lol. I think I paid $225 for them. Apparently they didn't charge me extra for the two tone.