Page 614 of 635 FirstFirst ... 114514564604612613614615616624 ... LastLast
Results 6,131 to 6,140 of 6344

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Great combo with the boots! Are they the Natty Higgins Mill?
    Yessir! Pre caleres as that seems worth noting these days.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)
    So I just purchased a pair of Dalton seconds during the Discover America sale. With all of the talk about AE quality here on the site, I realize I may be taking a chance. Once the boots arrive I'll post a review/comment to let you know how it turned out.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    These past couple weeks have done a number on my wallet with S&M’s new releases.

So far I’m in for a Navy cord jacket, brown moleskin jacket & trousers, green tweed jacket and a navy polo coat. My F/W wardrobe is pretty lacking so these should round out the wardrobe pretty well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    These past couple weeks have done a number on my wallet with S&M’s new releases.

So far I’m in for a Navy cord jacket, brown moleskin jacket & trousers, green tweed jacket and a navy polo coat. My F/W wardrobe is pretty lacking so these should round out the wardrobe pretty well.
    I've been able to show reasonable restraint with only buying basically all the long sleeve polos but hot damn those sportcoats are nice.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepetito View Post
    I've been able to show reasonable restraint with only buying basically all the long sleeve polos but hot damn those sportcoats are nice.
    oh yeah.. I forgot to mention the 4 LS polos I picked up as well. Yikes.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    This is both a recent purchase and ask a quick question.

You all must notice how Joe sings the praises of Lebury shirts all the time on the main site. And how he wrote this week about the rare Lebury sale. You all probably know they are usually $150 and up.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a bunch of them on the Nordstrom Rack website for about $50 each. I bought one, liked it quite a bit, so then I got two more. Quality seems good and I do like the placement of that second button.

So, that's the recent purchase. Now the question: Anybody know if the shirts on the Nordstrom Rack website are the same quality and fabrics as those sold by Ludbury on their on site? I also notice they are on Nordstrom's website for the full Lebury prices. So, are the shirts at Nordstrom Rack first quality, regular Ledbury shirts on clearance from Nordstrom OR are they cheaper quality made to sell to suckers like me?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    This is both a recent purchase and ask a quick question.

You all must notice how Joe sings the praises of Lebury shirts all the time on the main site. And how he wrote this week about the rare Lebury sale. You all probably know they are usually $150 and up.

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a bunch of them on the Nordstrom Rack website for about $50 each. I bought one, liked it quite a bit, so then I got two more. Quality seems good and I do like the placement of that second button.

So, that's the recent purchase. Now the question: Anybody know if the shirts on the Nordstrom Rack website are the same quality and fabrics as those sold by Ludbury on their on site? I also notice they are on Nordstrom's website for the full Lebury prices. So, are the shirts at Nordstrom Rack first quality, regular Ledbury shirts on clearance from Nordstrom OR are they cheaper quality made to sell to suckers like me?
    I suspect the fabric is the same. I think what ends up at places like Nordstrom Rack are 1) items that don't sell at full price, 2) Items that may be slightly irregular (I've tried on dress shirts at the Rack with sleeves that were significantly shorter than what is on the tag) 3) Items that were sold and then returned in still new condition. Maybe some fashion lines make a lower-than-normal-standards line for those places too - I've never thought that was the case but I'm not an expert on how TJ Maxx etc. operate.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark4 View Post
    I suspect the fabric is the same. I think what ends up at places like Nordstrom Rack are 1) items that don't sell at full price, 2) Items that may be slightly irregular (I've tried on dress shirts at the Rack with sleeves that were significantly shorter than what is on the tag) 3) Items that were sold and then returned in still new condition. Maybe some fashion lines make a lower-than-normal-standards line for those places too - I've never thought that was the case but I'm not an expert on how TJ Maxx etc. operate.
    Yes, I think you're mostly right on what ends up at Nordstrom Rack, but I think some companies make items just for NR. One notable example is the Allen Edmonds shoes that you can find pretty much only on the NR website. I purchased a pair of Stuttgart AE shoes--I like them as much as my mainline AE shoes, so no complaints there.

These Ledbury shirts don't seem irregular at all. Also, they aren't returns, I don't think, because they were all still all nicely folded and sealed in packaging.

So, I think they are either items that didn't sell full price or a cheaper version of the more expensive shirts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    So, I think they are either items that didn't sell full price or a cheaper version of the more expensive shirts.
    I don't think Ledbury is at the scale (yet) where they maintain two lines of manufacturing destined for the levels of retailers (regular vs discount/outlet). Given that Nordstrom regularly carry the brand, it's reasonable to conclude that they were probably returns (either unopened or simply re-packaged) or things that didn't sell.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kongmw View Post
    I don't think Ledbury is at the scale (yet) where they maintain two lines of manufacturing destined for the levels of retailers (regular vs discount/outlet). Given that Nordstrom regularly carry the brand, it's reasonable to conclude that they were probably returns (either unopened or simply re-packaged) or things that didn't sell.
    I am almost positive that they make some shirt designs specifically for Nordstrom, but I don't think the quality is any worse. The shirts made specifically for Nordstrom will eventually go on sale at the main store, and then those that don't sell will head to Nordstrom Rack. Recently, I have also spotted a couple Ledbury shirts at TJ Maxx, which I assume came from Nordstrom/Nordstrom Rack.

Ledbury has also been around long enough that there are some pretty horrendous multi-color and check patterns out there that I imagine cannot sell well (and perhaps they need to offload those to discount stores, but I also know that they have done at least 1 or 2 "sample sales" at their HQ in Richmond). There are very few staple designs that they keep year-round.

I did have one bad experience with a Ledbury shirt bought from Nordstrom (shrunk HORRIFICALLY in the wash and is completely unwearable now), but otherwise, I agree that they don't have a separate discount/outlet line in terms of quality.