Thread: Recent Purchases

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1030 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Did you see their new rainbow core selvedge?? That belt will be perfect for it once broken in!
    Do either of you have experience with Gustin denim? I have wanted to try it but cannot find a comparison of fit vs. Levi's 501 which is my only denim comparison.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Do either of you have experience with Gustin denim? I have wanted to try it but cannot find a comparison of fit vs. Levi's 501 which is my only denim comparison.
    I've got 4 pairs now. Their slim is similar to the 511s, I'd say, but in Gustin I'm a 33 slim (and obviously shorten the length) vs 31 or 32 in Levi's 511 depending on the pant. Gustin also seems more consistent as I've bought 4 different jeans but the waist/fit was exactly as expected.

It really helps that they list actual garment measurements so you can compare it to jeans you already own that fit well. They'll also advise on sizing up/down based on denim weight or density of the weave. There's quite a few on eBay if you want to try it out without going the campaign backing route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I have a pair I bought lightly used off eBay. I got my true waist size in slim and they fit close, but quite well I think. I do wish the rise was higher sometimes, but overall I think they look great and get lots of compliments. The feel and construction is top notch too, and they have aged quite well.

Can't speak directly to a comparison with 501s. You might check Reddit though, I'm sure there's something out there.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    101 Post(s)
    Same here. The rise is a bit low but sizing is consistent and accurate, in my experience. I wear 32 slim in Gustin and 32 in Leviís 514s I think. Iím a 30 slim in the Gap stretch denim.

Yes those rainbow indigo look sweet but I donít know if I need another pair of $130 blue jeans... Iíll probably get brown or gray next.

Mentioned
    424 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2039 Post(s)
    Parting with my Rolex DJ and Speedmaster Racing, and now this is incoming to replace them

Ben

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Parting with my Rolex DJ and Speedmaster Racing, and now this is incoming to replace them

Hnrnnngrrnngggggggg

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Been saving and waiting for some of the S&M fall drops. Picked up the navy cord and donegal jackets as well as one of their long sleeve polos. Just waiting for the olive tweed and I'm done for the year.

Awesome purchase @LesserBlackDog

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)
    picked up a pair of derbys in mahogany country calf with danite sole for fall/winter from Lof&Tung (house brand of Skoaktiebolaget)
    free two-day shipping from Sweden, and very nice packaging. can't wait to break these in!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)
    The cuff is a tad massive, but that's just the OE setup. Grabbed some Target selvedge last night and I'm quite happy with them.

Target Selvedge by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    The cuff is a tad massive, but that's just the OE setup. Grabbed some Target selvedge last night and I'm quite happy with them.

Target Selvedge by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
    Great combo with the boots! Are they the Natty Higgins Mill?