Page 610 of 634 FirstFirst ... 110510560600608609610611612620 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 6337

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Picked up some SeaVees this week. They came in just in time for the hot weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My recent purchase are these lovely shoes https://www.ryderwear.com/kai-greene-signature-d-mak. Definitely ready to spend some quality gym time now.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    543 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet G View Post
    My recent purchase are these lovely shoes https://www.ryderwear.com/kai-greene-signature-d-mak. Definitely ready to spend some quality gym time now.
    Nice!!

I'm a cheapskate so I just wear my Chuck Taylors. Those are seksi tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    They are, Chucks are great, one of my favourites.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2107 Post(s)
    I have my first felony trial (i.e. first trial in big kid court) coming in a couple weeks and decided I should probably own some decent black dress shoes... picked up a pair of AE wingtips from Zappos on sale for $190. Hopefully they work out.
    Ben

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)
    Couldn't pass this up at 50% off from Land's End. I have a few down jackets for backpacking, but not one that isn't so technical like this one. Also, it uses Allied Feather's 800FP water resistant duck down at 90+/10, and I've had great results making my backpacking quilts using their 850FP WR goose down, so I know quality of the down will be excellent (used to be able to buy directly from Allied Feather @ $120 per pound, but the prices for down have gone up in the past couple of years, so you see a lot of companies skimping on the quality of down in their jackets, either lowering their fill power or using a higher percentage of feathers).

Plus, pulls double duty as a travel neck pillow, which I didn't have.

Also the tags have a link to a full report of where the down was sourced as well as lab test results on composition and fill power. Excellent info that all companies making down clothing should include (and as a lightweight backpacker who has a spreadsheet of the weights for all my backpacking gear/clothes to the 1/10 of a gram, much appreciated).

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    565 Post(s)
    Nandyn - Interesting jacket. You have me considering it now as it could be quite handy for travel I could use it as a neck pillow and then use it as a jacket once I get off the plane. Is this the black or navy one? I want the navy but it's on sale for $80 so the 50% off a full priced item sale they ran yesterday wouldn't have applied to it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Nandyn - Interesting jacket. You have me considering it now as it could be quite handy for travel I could use it as a neck pillow and then use it as a jacket once I get off the plane. Is this the black or navy one? I want the navy but it's on sale for $80 so the 50% off a full priced item sale they ran yesterday wouldn't have applied to it.
    It's pretty nice! I got the black one, and it is black although I see now that my picture gives it a navy tint. Got a decent amount of fill/fluff but the channels aren't exactly stuffed like my outdoor down jackets, which is fine for casual use. Also the nylon shell fabric, although it has some shine to it, isn't plastic bag shiny like polyester would be, so that's a plus.

Being that it's 800FP down, it'll survive being repeatedly compressed much better than lower FP down, provided you don't keep it stored as a pillow long term.

FYI, most people might say it runs short, because it fits me very well even though I'm only 5'6" as far as chest goes, I'd say their 34"-36" for a S is closer to a 38 with the garment being ~40", I wear a 38S in BR & JCrew blazers (39.5" actual chest measurement).

There was an extra 25% off sale coupon floating around the other day, I think it was SKY pin 2105 but just checked and it's expired
    Last edited by Nandyn; August 16th, 2018 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    nothing fancy but got some of Old Navy's slim fit khaki's...couple pair in different shades...they are comfy and have the built in flex to the material. Nice enough for business casual or throwing on a t-shirt and and some sneakers with them for relaxing on the weekend or after work.

The price was right...buy one, get one 50% off.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1516 Post(s)
    @Rawfull I'm liking the look of those shoes! How do they feel on the feet? Comfy?