Page 608 of 635 FirstFirst ... 108508558598606607608609610618 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Replaced my cheapo Gold's Gym XRS 20 bench/"squat" stand (only 300# limit which I highly doubt the "spotter arms" ...more like stubs...could support) with a less cheap power rack (800# limit) with high/low cable pulls. His/Hers workout areas with 144' sq of covered area.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Replaced my cheapo Gold's Gym XRS 20 bench/"squat" stand (only 300# limit which I highly doubt the "spotter arms" ...more like stubs...could support) with a less cheap power rack (800# limit) with high/low cable pulls. His/Hers workout areas with 144' sq of covered area.

Sexy

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    Sexy
    I see you've spotted me in the mirror there.
    Last edited by Nandyn; June 12th, 2018 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    No I just dig a nice squat rack is all.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    Not clothing or shoes, but since it's grooming related I'll share.

Picked up this Gillette Slim adjustable from Ebay for $25 shipped. It's in fantastic condition! Total steal for the price.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    @kongmw I've been very tempted by this pair of loafers lately as well. I'm not very experienced with their lasts though. How would you say these fit, pretty TTS or a bit on the narrow or wide side?
    This is my first pair of Meermin as well but I think overall they (RON last) fit well. TTS with average width but perhaps a touch narrow. Hope this helps.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    @kongmw that actually helps a lot. Thank you.

That's awesome @Nandyn. On the subject of power racks does anybody have any suggestions on where to find a good deal on one? I've had 7-8 months to settle in to my new place and my next project is to put together some semblance of a home gym in my basement. Starting with a power rack as I've already got plenty of free weights.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    @kongmw that actually helps a lot. Thank you.

That's awesome @Nandyn. On the subject of power racks does anybody have any suggestions on where to find a good deal on one? I've had 7-8 months to settle in to my new place and my next project is to put together some semblance of a home gym in my basement. Starting with a power rack as I've already got plenty of free weights.
    I got mine for $300 (free shipping, only took a few days from Cali to Seattle area) on ebay. Mine is by Merax, but it's also sold as Valor Fitness BD-7 (you can find amazon reviews for both by looking up the BD-7), but the Valor one has more reviews. The only difference with mine is the Pull Up bar isn't solid steel, but a hollow tube, although the metal is very thick and sturdy. The cable pulls work quite well, especially if you grease the pole.

There's also the Fitness Reality 810XT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4I8FOY...v_ov_lig_dp_it for $249 if you don't need/want the cable pull and want the peace of mind of Amazon delivery/customer service.

Also, if you need some dumbells, I can't say enough good things about Power Blocks. Takes up no space at all. Been using them a couple years and they're no worse for the wear. I've got the sport version, upgraded to 90 lbs a side, but it can go up to 125. The newer Urethane coated ones are even better with even better warranty.
    Last edited by Nandyn; June 12th, 2018 at 02:29 PM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)
    @Token - I am just seeing your St. Crispin's from May. Those are great! I love the grain of Russian calf. I almost picked up my grail EG's from that random Shopify account that was selling off Brooks Brothers old stock of EG's as they are going to stop carrying them. NIB Dovers in Dark Oak and Galway's in grain for $700s. I almost bought them then told my wife but held off. I tend to love shoes more when I buy them to celebrate something vs. a random sale even if I would pay less now.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quoted
    408 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    @Token - I am just seeing your St. Crispin's from May. Those are great! I love the grain of Russian calf. I almost picked up my grail EG's from that random Shopify account that was selling off Brooks Brothers old stock of EG's as they are going to stop carrying them. NIB Dovers in Dark Oak and Galway's in grain for $700s. I almost bought them then told my wife but held off. I tend to love shoes more when I buy them to celebrate something vs. a random sale even if I would pay less now.
    Thanks! The Russian calf used by St. C is really interesting, I would love to see the original inspiration one day (true Russian reindeer from that shipwreck) but I don't think I'll ever buy due to the cost. I have found myself gravitating towards textured leathers recently (St. C Russian Calf, Utah leather, Kudu, and textured shell cordovan).

And yeah I think you have the right approach, buying to celebrate something is more worth it than saving a few hundred bucks imo. You can't go wrong with Dover or Galway, depending on your size and when your next celebration is coming up, I have a pair of doak Dovers I got from that BB sale that I'd be willing to sell at cost.