Page 607 of 635 FirstFirst ... 107507557597605606607608609617 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,070 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quoted
    408 Post(s)

Took advantage of the recent dollar rally to get one of my grail shoes: St. C split toe derby in Russian calf.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    678 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post

Took advantage of the recent dollar rally to get one of my grail shoes: St. C split toe derby in Russian calf.

WOW! Those are great!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    581 Post(s)
    With the 20% off coupon ebay ran, and a sale of my own to offset, i got this bad boy with ~360 actuations (so effectively new) for about 130 out of pocket.

Really wanted an 80d, but the difference between them isn't THAT major, at least for my intended use. This uses the same processor and sensor so I highly doubt I'll see a quality difference.

IMG_4173 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    With the 20% off coupon ebay ran, and a sale of my own to offset, i got this bad boy with ~360 actuations (so effectively new) for about 130 out of pocket.

Really wanted an 80d, but the difference between them isn't THAT major, at least for my intended use. This uses the same processor and sensor so I highly doubt I'll see a quality difference.

IMG_4173 by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
    I've always been really impressed with what the Rebel line can do, particularly with prime lens or L glass (L has never been in my budget).

All of these are examples from the original Rebel (so 6.3 megapixel sensor) and an $85 50 1.8 or the slightly more expensive 85 1.8 shot wide open, with no flash, in nightclub light.

Bob Mould

Jesse Sykes

Kings of Leon
    Donít call what your wearing an outfit. Donít ever say your car is broke.
    Donít sing with a fake British accent. Donít act like your familyís a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    581 Post(s)
    That's downright impressive there.

I have the 50mm 1.8 (the latest with the STM focus); that's what took all the photos I posted from my "rave hajj" thread in the OT section. Love that lens. Looking at maybe the 24mm pancake next to get some wider-angle shots of the ferrets and such. I think for next year I may make the investment in the 24-70L and possibly a 70-200L on top. Those should come in VERY handy indeed when we get to yellowstone.....

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)
    Bob Mould = awesome! I saw him with Sugar many years ago now. It was like a wall of sound hitting me. Wicked show.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)

grabbed a pair of meermin's latest unlined penny loafers. came with some barely noticeable marks on the suede and the edge dressing was not applied as evenly as i would've liked. oh well i guess you get what you pay for and i can't be bothered to go through return/exchange. at least the sizing is pretty spot on.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kongmw View Post

grabbed a pair of meermin's latest unlined penny loafers. came with some barely noticeable marks on the suede and the edge dressing was not applied as evenly as i would've liked. oh well i guess you get what you pay for and i can't be bothered to go through return/exchange. at least the sizing is pretty spot on.
    Any other thoughts on these? I am suuuuper tempted!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    144 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    Any other thoughts on these? I am suuuuper tempted!
    I'm no expert on leather quality but these feel pretty soft and supple. Been wearing them around the apartment for the past hour to break them in a bit. No hot spots or excessive rubbing so far. So I say go for it! lol

Edit: also I have high instep so it's a bit tight across the top but I kind of expect that on most slip-on/loafers anyway.
    Last edited by kongmw; June 11th, 2018 at 08:29 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    @kongmw I've been very tempted by this pair of loafers lately as well. I'm not very experienced with their lasts though. How would you say these fit, pretty TTS or a bit on the narrow or wide side?