Page 601 of 625 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 6242

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Dockers Alpha Khaki, Slim Tapered. Bought 2 pair, one in navy and one in khaki. On sale for $49.99 and an additional 20% off with free shipping for new email subscriber.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    After a while of thinking on it, I finally bought myself a pair of Red Wing Moc Toe 6" boots from a local retailer. I believe they are the 8883 style.

Two days into breaking them in, thus far. Looking forward to using those things for several years to come.
    Last edited by OogieBoogie; January 6th, 2018 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Correcting phrasing

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Just ordered a Fisher AG7. I started thinking about how many pens I just throw out or stop using, and I'm trying to curtail waste and start buying long-lasting items.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1402 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
    Just ordered a Fisher AG7. I started thinking about how many pens I just throw out or stop using, and I'm trying to curtail waste and start buying long-lasting items.
    Nice pen. There is certainly something to be said to purchasing a nice writing instrument. Years ago I spoiled myself and purchased a Mont Blanc pen. Stupid expensive? Yes. But I will say using the pen did rekindle my appreciation for writing. Now I'm just throwing out the pen inserts instead of the whole pen.

TMann
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Nice pen. There is certainly something to be said to purchasing a nice writing instrument. Years ago I spoiled myself and purchased a Mont Blanc pen. Stupid expensive? Yes. But I will say using the pen did rekindle my appreciation for writing. Now I'm just throwing out the pen inserts instead of the whole pen.
    If you truly want to be less wasteful...you need a model that has an internal ink tank and draws up ink out of an ink bottle.

(I'm obviously talking about fountain pens only. Ballpoints, roller balls, etc. require refills.)

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    If you truly want to be less wasteful...you need a model that has an internal ink tank and draws up ink out of an ink bottle.

(I'm obviously talking about fountain pens only. Ballpoints, roller balls, etc. require refills.)
    Or just buy a converter. (Says the guy with a Lamy Vista clipped inside his jacket pocket and a Kaweco Liliput clipped in his pants pocket.)
    Ben

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1402 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post

Yeah, not so good for those of use who are left handed. But a good suggestion nonetheless.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Or just buy a converter. (Says the guy with a Lamy Vista clipped inside his jacket pocket and a Kaweco Liliput clipped in his pants pocket.)
    Which nibs are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Yeah, not so good for those of use who are left handed. But a good suggestion nonetheless.
    Brian Goulet has a Fountain Pen 101 article about this: https://blog.gouletpens.com/2015/08/...ns-for-lefties

JetPens has a guide to fast-drying inks: https://www.jetpens.com/blog/fast-dr...en-inks/pt/896

-Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    560 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Is that a pen in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

I have a Lamy Safari I use regularly at work. My goal is to one day buy a Montblanc - probably in about 8 years to sign my final mortgage payment.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Which nibs are you using?
    I use fine nibs. I don’t do calligraphy or anything and my writing is on the small side.
    Ben