Page 599 of 635 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @jeff4 I'm in Canada. The winters here can be biting cold, but for those spring/fall mornings, the gloves are great. Standing at the bus stop, or walking between buildings downtown, etc. the gloves are awesome. The gloves are unlined so I wouldn't trust them in super cold weather. But for those brisk/chilly days where it is too cold to have bare skin exposed to the elements, they are definitely my go-to gloves.

Don't know where exactly you are...but am btw Oshawa and Ottawa, and we got our first snow dump today. I have found Columbia insulated gloves to be OK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikbrown View Post
    Not exactly my first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice watches and box...may I ask where you got the box or where I can get something similar? Also, what size watches (face) are those as I have small wrists

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    The sinn is my smallest at 38mm... most of the rest are about 42-44mm.

Sadly that box is unobtainable... I made it... I get lots of questions regarding it... I think in a year or so I may start selling them (when my youngest starts school).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikbrown View Post
    The sinn is my smallest at 38mm... most of the rest are about 42-44mm.

Sadly that box is unobtainable... I made it... I get lots of questions regarding it... I think in a year or so I may start selling them (when my youngest starts school).

Thanks...I think you should start mass producing that box, you will make a killin', but you will need time (see what I did there). LOL

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)
    @nikbrown that's a great looking watch box. Nicely done.

@tayken the wife bought me this watch box about a year ago. Couldn't be happier.

https://www.amazon.com/SONGMIC-Displ...ords=watch+box

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @nikbrown that's a great looking watch box. Nicely done.

@tayken the wife bought me this watch box about a year ago. Couldn't be happier.

https://www.amazon.com/SONGMIC-Displ...ords=watch+box
    My wife bought me a similar one in brown wood. Very pleased with it as well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)
    Picked up the J Crew Ludlow tweed herringbone blazer in navy. It's a little darker in person (although the picture doesn't pick up all of the blue). Wondering what people think this would go with - presumably it's a tier of formality down from a standard navy blazer?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    After kicking myself over missing out on S&M's tweed and moleskin jackets due to other financial obligations I just had a "it's a Christmas miracle!" moment when I noticed the website had some new stock in my size! Jumped on the New Lovat moleskin jacket. Really excited to get my hands on it from what I've heard over on styleforum. Here's hoping it wasn't a stocking error!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Picked up the J Crew Ludlow tweed herringbone blazer in navy. It's a little darker in person (although the picture doesn't pick up all of the blue). Wondering what people think this would go with - presumably it's a tier of formality down from a standard navy blazer?
    I just picked up the grey one. Yes, it's a little less formal than a standard navy blazer but goes great with cords, jeans, chinos, wool trousers, etc. I pair jackets like this with some type of textured tie and an OCBD. It's very versatile.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DMB View Post
    I just picked up the grey one. Yes, it's a little less formal than a standard navy blazer but goes great with cords, jeans, chinos, wool trousers, etc. I pair jackets like this with some type of textured tie and an OCBD. It's very versatile.
    and I picked up the greenish one. I will post a picture when ever I get back from the tailor.