Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 6251

Thread: Recent Purchases

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    I bought four pairs of Darn Tough socks from REI as they are currently 25% off:

Hiker Boot Sock Full Cushion (1405)
    Hiker Boot Sock Cushion (1403)
    Haselton Hiker Micro Crew Light Cushion (1939)*
    Solid Crew Light (1617)

I'm going to wash them in accordance with their care instructions and see which level of cushioning work best in my boots. No pictures, I'm still searching for a new image hosting site.

-Vic

*I think Captain America would wear these.
    how warm are they?

and try imgur for pics

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)
    Bought myself the Invicta 8926OB that's on sale at Amazon right now and dial+hands to have a go at modding one on my own. @idvsego 's got me hooked.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Bought myself the Invicta 8926OB that's on sale at Amazon right now and dial+hands to have a go at modding one on my own. @idvsego 's got me hooked.
    It's fun man. You going to do the case engraving too?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    It's fun man. You going to do the case engraving too?
    I think so. I've got a cheap Dremel, but might borrow my friend's, he's got a lot more attachments and stuff. Figure I'll start with my file/rasp and see what I can accomplish with that first. What grit did you use for the final finish?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1112 Post(s)
    I think so. I've got a cheap Dremel, but might borrow my friend's, he's got a lot more attachments and stuff. Figure I'll start with my file/rasp and see what I can accomplish with that first. What grit did you use for the final finish?
    I use a sandpaper wheel on the Dremel then 200, 800, and 1000 if I want to polish. I usually stop at 800. Be careful with the Dremel. Real easy to get the case shape all wonky.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I use a sandpaper wheel on the Dremel then 200, 800, and 1000 if I want to polish. I usually stop at 800. Be careful with the Dremel. Real easy to get the case shape all wonky.
    Cool, might stick with file and lots of elbow grease and sand paper instead. Wish I could just fill the engraving in. Too bad JB weld doesn't make a shiny/SS color version of their metal epoxy.

Edit:
    Actually, they've got a JB SteelStik, for a couple bucks, I might just try filling it in with that and sanding down/buffing it to see how that looks. But I don't think color will be anywhere close...hmmm...
    Last edited by Nandyn; November 19th, 2017 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    It hasn't been cold enough to break out the full cushion models, but the 1403 and 1939 socks are definitely warm enough for standing around waiting for the Metro. The 1617 are slightly heavier than Nordstrom's merino dress socks.

Thank you for the imgur suggestion.

-Vic
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1112 Post(s)
    Cool, might stick with file and lots of elbow grease and sand paper instead. Wish I could just fill the engraving in. Too bad JB weld doesn't make a shiny/SS color version of their metal epoxy.

Edit:
    Actually, they've got a JB SteelStik, for a couple bucks, I might just try filling it in with that and sanding down/buffing it to see how that looks. But I don't think color will be anywhere close...hmmm...
    Worst case you just file it still. Might as well see, right?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

Edit:
    Keep us updated on how that works. I have two invictas myself that could use the removal of engraving

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpd362 View Post
    Keep us updated on how that works. I have two invictas myself that could use the removal of engraving
    Yup, will do. It'll be awhile though cuz I don't have Amazon prime so it'll come whenever they decide to ship in in he next 10 days or so.