Results 5,911 to 5,920 of 6338

Thread: Recent Purchases

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1095 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Doctor View Post
    Alden natural CXL cap toe boots, Barrie last.
    Why wouldn't Alden put the textured surface of the sole all the way to the toe? The toes on my shoes wear out quickly unless there is rubber there.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Why wouldn't Alden put the textured surface of the sole all the way to the toe? The toes on my shoes wear out quickly unless there is rubber there.
    I believe I read somewhere that the reason is so the grippy crepe doesn't catch on stuff and make you trip, but honestly I've no idea.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)
    I just purchased two pairs of AG Graduate jeans. Nordstrom Rack for $75. I buy expensive-ish clothes (and other things), but I could never stomach spending $225 for a pair of jeans when my Levis work fine for $40. But I tried on a pair at Nordstrom a couple months ago, they fit better than my Levis, so I bit the bullet when I found this sale.

Also bought a zipper vest from Eddie Bauer since they're one of the few places that makes a medium tall. We'll see how it looks when it gets here today. Hopefully not big and boxy like the one I bought from BR last year (and returned). http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/ve...=111&color=100

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    387 Post(s)
    Picked up this Brooks Brothers mainline jacket on clearance at the Brooks Brothers outlet - Seattle Premium Outlets (which is actually 40 mi north of Seattle).

Thick but soft, water resistant cotton woven by Nova Fides. Has a zip-out quilted vest for added warmth.
    Was surprised how well it fit me (slim but not too tight in small, my go to size), especially as the sleeves were the perfect length instead of 1-2" too long like most brands.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Very Nice Purchase
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    It snowed five billion feet the past few days (an exaggeration) and was 0°F this morning (not an exaggeration) so I've been on the prowl for some kind of casual shoe that is substantial enough for the weather but wears like a sneaker. Settled on these Danner Vertigos... we'll see how they are in-person.

Got these, didn't like them in-person, plus they didn't really fit anyway. Back to the drawing board.
    Ben

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    just ordered a pair of burgundy Bonobos chinos for the upcoming holidays.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Thanks to S&M's sale, I pulled the trigger on a charcoal sharkskin suit. It will soon be banishing the black Men's Wearhouse abomination I bought as a stupid college kid.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    93 Post(s)
    I bought four pairs of Darn Tough socks from REI as they are currently 25% off:

Hiker Boot Sock Full Cushion (1405)
    Hiker Boot Sock Cushion (1403)
    Haselton Hiker Micro Crew Light Cushion (1939)*
    Solid Crew Light (1617)

I'm going to wash them in accordance with their care instructions and see which level of cushioning work best in my boots. No pictures, I'm still searching for a new image hosting site.

-Vic

*I think Captain America would wear these. :)
    Last edited by Vic; November 15th, 2017 at 01:42 AM.
    "It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life." - Jean-Luc Picard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought the Merlot and Emerald Fields chinos last week from Bonobos. The Merlot's I wore in engagement pics, and are so easy to pair. I'm having such trouble working the Emerald fields, the green is just a little too dark to wear with a navy sweater without being too match. I tried it with a https://5thandlamar.com/collections/...ucts/riverside but it still felt... off.