Page 575 of 635 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585625 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    184 Post(s)
    I got my Spier & McKay copper linen/silk suit last week and the trousers were too small. I bought a suit a few months ago and the pants that came with it were huge, so I asked for smaller ones, but I went about an inch too small. I was comparing to suitsupply trousers and I must have been looking at dimensions for a 40 instead of a 42. I am trying to set up a return, but SM is pretty bad with customer service, which is disheartening because I really like the product.

Fabric is really nice on the suit. It has that relaxed, linen look but doesn't get crazy wrinkly. out of the shipping box it could have been worn without steaming/pressing. I just gotta get the pants exchanged.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

Allen Edmonds they're not, but for $63 they're exactly what I wanted. Now I just hope they hold up longer than 6 months!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)

Allen Edmonds Corwnllis shoes (seconds) in Bourbon from the recent sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elpenguinoloco View Post

Allen Edmonds they're not, but for $63 they're exactly what I wanted. Now I just hope they hold up longer than 6 months!
    What are they? and where from?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    What are they? and where from?
    They're from Aldo--I think Praodia is the model name. They recently had a 50% off sale on their site. I had wanted a mid-brown open laced wingtip without too much brogue detailing, so these were perfect. The leather doesn't feel too artificial either. The original price was $130 or so, so perhaps the quality is a little better than some of their super cheap stuff.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    I caved into the hype and got a pair of killshots. They were out of my size (11D in AEs) so I chose 10.5 instead of 11.5. I'm now wondering whether or not I should've sized up instead of sizing down.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)
    @MaitreTea if it helps at all, I'm a size 11 in all my shoes (not included Chucks) and went with size 11 for my Killshots. The shoes fit just fine. Based on that, I likely would have sized up. How do they feel/fit on your feet?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @MaitreTea if it helps at all, I'm a size 11 in all my shoes (not included Chucks) and went with size 11 for my Killshots. The shoes fit just fine. Based on that, I likely would have sized up. How do they feel/fit on your feet?
    Haven't arrived yet, but I'll be sure to be report back.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)
    @DocDave How would you rate them comfort wise? I've read reports that they are way overpriced and not very comfortable, but I'd be curious to get your take.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iviustang50h View Post
    @DocDave How would you rate them comfort wise? I've read reports that they are way overpriced and not very comfortable, but I'd be curious to get your take.
    If it helps, I had a pair of killshots and returned them after wearing them around the house once. They didn't feel worth $100 and were far less comfortable than my Stan Smiths. If the Killshots were ~$50-60 I might have kept them but certainly not for around $100.