Page 573 of 625 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 6242

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    Wasn't sure if you'd tried before. Let us know how they work out!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    369 Post(s)

Natural shell strands from trunk show next to walnut calf strands.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I'm going to Thailand soon and wanted to stock up on comfy clothes perfect for hot weather so I ordered this playsuit yesterday. I love how it looks absolutely soft and cool. I think I'll enjoy this a lot when walking around, paired with loafers and maybe a hat? Yeah, I think a hat. It was also on sale so I couldn't say no to it.

Oh I made another purchase which I almost forgot about. It's not a fashion item though, but I ordered from Juniper Books. I've saved up for their leather bound Harry Potter set for quite some time and now I'm just waiting for it. It'll probably take a couple of weeks though. I'll be sure to post pics on the appropriate thread!
    Don't be afraid of dressing up...please.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    ^^^ Cannot tell if this is spam or just someone who is very confused as to the subject of the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    How are those linen suits? Been eyeing them online but haven't had a chance to see one in person. Factory stores in Canada have random stock levels outside of the staples.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    Got the suits in yesterday... I am keeping the trousers but the jackets are going back. Unfortunately I have been spoiled by the nice, soft, pliable shoulders on SS/S&M-level suits and the shoulders on these are just too big, too constructed, and too stiff.

The fabric seems reasonably nice, but I'm also not too keen on the full lining in the jackets.

A bit of a disappointment overall, as there is now nothing stopping me from continuing to eye S&M's new summer suiting...
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Similar boat, I took a chance on the Oxford cloth suit because I was curious. Wasn't a big fan of the jacket but I think I will keep the trousers to wear as separates. Also got 2 linen/cotton blend shirts for the summer, keeping them for casual wear. Holding out for any possible S&M linen shirts down the road.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    ...aaaand I just ordered the S&M tan cotton suit, plus a handful of their summer weight oxford/chambray shirts.

I thought seriously about getting one of the linen suits too but I think with this cotton suit that I can break into separates, along with my other lightweight suits, jackets, and trousers, I will have plenty of jacket-and-tie options for warm weather.
    Ben

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    I have the Slub Linen Suit and the Oxford Suit. I like them very much and get compliments every time I wear them. They have the summer feel of seersucker without the dandy-ness. They both wear very cool despite the lining and are structured enough that they look like suits rather than casual sportcoats, which I like about them. I wear the linen jacket on occasion as a sportcoat, and while it's got more structure than the unlined Ludlows from the regular site, it works just fine. All in all, I'm a big fan of both suits. I even took advantage of this sale to pick up the slub linen in blue.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1054 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post

Natural shell strands from trunk show next to walnut calf strands.
    I go back and forth on ever owning shell but those make me want to consider it. Seeing pictures of peoples walnut shell Strands age really makes me want a pair.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I go back and forth on ever owning shell but those make me want to consider it. Seeing pictures of peoples walnut shell Strands age really makes me want a pair.
    Thanks! I expected the natural to be lighter, but it looks really close to the walnut calf, even more so indoors. Not sure if I want to sell my walnut calf strands due to redundancy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Just took the plunge on the JCF Dalton suede racer. I am somewhere between a S and M in most brands and bought the last one they had in S. Hoping it fits! Decided to gamble since it was $150 shipped given it was extra 50% off clearance. Fingers crossed!