Page 559 of 635 FirstFirst ... 59459509549557558559560561569609 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,590 of 6341

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)

I didnt buy these, but saw them on the macy's website. Can't imagine who would want such a thing. Some kind of teenager whose parents are making him buy dress shoes and they compromise by getting him some camo leather?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Polyester III View Post

I didnt buy these, but saw them on the macy's website. Can't imagine who would want such a thing. Some kind of teenager whose parents are making him buy dress shoes and they compromise by getting him some camo leather?
    *vomits*

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog The round frames are definitely a little something different. I've never been able to pull them off myself, but I think you do.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Tried out this website/app Poshmark and got a uniqlo oxford for $10 shipped. I really like Poshmark so far mostly because people list stuff for crazy low prices and almost everyone that I've seen accepts lower offers. If you enjoy online thrift shopping I would recommend it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Just ordered three new pairs of glasses. Top two (gold and brown) to be everyday glasses, bottom (silver) to be sunglasses with a dark green lens.

I know they're nerdy as fuck but I really do like the gold ones (top)... they remind me of some super non-ironically dorky round glasses I had as a kid (pre-Harry Potter!), antique frames that belonged to my great grandfather and now live in a display case in my parents' house, as well as Shostakovich and Bonhoeffer.

I opted for the brown titanium as an alternate everyday pair just so I could fall back on something a little less eccentric as needed.
    I fully agree with you top gold one are too good and suit you
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Bourbon Daltons from the shoebank were delivered today. They have some loose grain leather on the side panels but it's not too bad.
    Am hoping the instep will loosen up a bit over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    BR button down.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    394 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Polyester III View Post

At first I thought "what's wrong with those?" Then I turned up my phone's brightness and zoomed in and it made me retch.

I got a pair of grey Banana Wyatt single monks last week. I got the burgundy ones back in summer and I liked them a lot so got the gray ones when they were on sale for less than $50 shipped (they went down to like $38 a couple days ago but I think I'm beyond price adjustment time).

The leather on the gray ones I got is noticeably thicker/nicer than the burgundy ones I've been wearing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    I thought about getting the grey ones due to price. Do you recommend them? I just was not sure how versatile they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    At first I thought "what's wrong with those?" Then I turned up my phone's brightness and zoomed in and it made me retch.

I got a pair of grey Banana Wyatt single monks last week. I got the burgundy ones back in summer and I liked them a lot so got the gray ones when they were on sale for less than $50 shipped (they went down to like $38 a couple days ago but I think I'm beyond price adjustment time).

The leather on the gray ones I got is noticeably thicker/nicer than the burgundy ones I've been wearing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Picked up a 40S Havana Navy Plain blazer from SuitSupply a couple of weeks ago. Wanted something a little nicer than the Zara blazer I've been wearing.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jacke...in/C4760I.html

The blazer is similar to the Bonobos The Unconstructed Italian Wool Blazer but the SS fabric is a lot softer. I'll probably have to lengthen the sleeves just a bit but really happy with the purchase.