Page 542 of 626 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 6253

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2074 Post(s)
    I just stick with a dark brown leather belt with dark brown suede shoes. Usually my braided leather one, similar to this:

Ben

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I just stick with a dark brown leather belt with dark brown suede shoes. Usually my braided leather one, similar to this:

Something along this vein is what I was thinking. Plenty of other casual uses as well, but not matching exactly.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Personally I always use a suede belt and just recently took it one step further with a suede watch strap. No need to do it if you dont want to, but I like it! My suggestion if you want a suede belt is wait for the suitsupply outlet next month, there is almost always a good cheap suede belt in there for about $25.
    Appreciate the heads up on that - good to know!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Seems like I will not be showing off that new briefcase by Filson. I guess this is what you get from getting something from a not so well known company. WelcomeStranger.com really left a bad taste in my mouth. Didn't receive any emails or anything for the past 7 days. Had to just call in myself and got a "oh, sir, your order was actually sold out, even after we put a hold on your credit card. That hold should be gone soon, and you will not be receiving that bag."

Here was me: "Should I not have been notified of this immediately after it was known, instead of calling myself or just sitting on my bum for no package?"

"Ummm, yes sir. Sorry about that."

Lessons learned.

Edit: I would also like to add that the bag is still being sold on their website, not saying that it is sold out, and not stopping me from paying with a credit card. This seems to be extremely unprofessional.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    My suggestion if you want a suede belt is wait for the suitsupply outlet next month.
    You know something we don't, Scofield? You holdin' out on us?

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    You know something we don't, Scofield? You holdin' out on us?

just analyzing recent trends...or maybe just wishful thinking. need some winter goods but holding off for another month...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)
    That's wise thinking... I think I'll do the same. I need a short hiatus anyway.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    I have a suede double ring belt from Ralph Lauren that I got for less than $25. The Suitsupply one is pretty nice and I also bet there will be a sale in a month.

On another note, I just placed my first Sam Hober order!! I have been thinking this over for a while, and finally ordered a midnight grenadine and a plain burgundy repp tie. David from CS was great in providing suggestions based on my wants. Can't wait to see them up front and try to on.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KantStopDario View Post
    Seems like I will not be showing off that new briefcase by Filson. I guess this is what you get from getting something from a not so well known company. WelcomeStranger.com really left a bad taste in my mouth. Didn't receive any emails or anything for the past 7 days. Had to just call in myself and got a "oh, sir, your order was actually sold out, even after we put a hold on your credit card. That hold should be gone soon, and you will not be receiving that bag."

Here was me: "Should I not have been notified of this immediately after it was known, instead of calling myself or just sitting on my bum for no package?"

"Ummm, yes sir. Sorry about that."

Lessons learned.

Edit: I would also like to add that the bag is still being sold on their website, not saying that it is sold out, and not stopping me from paying with a credit card. This seems to be extremely unprofessional.
    Sorry to hear about that, that sucks. It seems like a lot of retailers had BF related issues (unsurprisingly). Not an excuse for not notifying you that they sold out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)

Terrible picture that I rushed since I was home for less than six hours last night, but my burgundy cordovan Daltons came in. Delightful finishing and the leather is gorgeous. Color is so deep on these. Got dainite soles out on so they'll be my go to rainy day boots and maybe light snow day boots as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk