Page 53 of 627 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ugh, I did an auction snipe on impulse and forgot to take it off. Now I have this tie on my way. But upon closer inspection, I am wondering why the Drake tag is blue and has an apostrophe.

Is this a real Drake of london tie?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/150841866027?...84.m1423.l2648

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I scooped up a half dozen 1901 dress shirts during the Nordstrom post-sale - I was kind of short on plaid dress shirts and they're all like $23. Pretty pleased for the most part, but man, there's some inconsistency going on there! Some of the trim fit ones will be properly trim and fit great, and others will fit like JC Penney shirts. I'll probably end up having a couple tailored, but for the price, I'm pretty satisfied with what are ultimately well fitting shirts that average well under $30 a pop.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Johnston and murphy's Paid $30 for (and $15 shipping), the left one kind of digs into my left foot a bit(smaller foot though) but the shoes are pretty much brand new from the looks of them and I also got these in a narrower fit to try it out. They fit quite well, no real foot shifting going on at all, can wear them without doing the typical tightening of laces, just tie and go. Any idea what kind of cream I could use on these? I am soooo glad I ordered neutral shoe polish though, works great for the "errr what colour would this be" shoes, I like cream for the oiling part.

By shad0w4life at 2012-07-06

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Wipe the shoes with a soft cloth & then apply + buff in Lexol for conditioning the shoe before a polish and you should be good to go..

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Lexol, isn't that intended for automotive applications heh

Have you had much luck with it and keeping shoes soft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just like pratyk I too use lexol cleaner & conditioner.

- i picked this method up from someone on another forum, some might think overkill but i'm happy w/ the results

- brush real good, clean w/ lexol cleaner, apply 3 coats of lexol conditioner by hand, brush w/ brush, apply cream, apply wax heel & toe

here is an example:

before:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o200/agula001/Shoes/657e589a.jpg

after:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/de2b52a2.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just like pratyk I too use lexol cleaner & conditioner.

- i picked this method up from someone on another forum, some might think overkill but i'm happy w/ the results

- brush real good, clean w/ lexol cleaner, apply 3 coats of lexol conditioner by hand, brush w/ brush, apply cream, apply wax heel & toe

here is an example:

before:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o200/agula001/Shoes/657e589a.jpg

after:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/de2b52a2.jpg

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

I'll have to give it a try, I can't imagine shoe conditioner is really better, just more pricey and smaller bottle.

The one thing about the before and after though is I went wow look at the creases, but then I noticed the shoe trees switched to what look like my personal favorites the European model that fits VERY snug and I've noticed it seems to really reduce the appearance of wrinkles when they are in. Can you confirm if it's the shoe trees that made them look worlds better in the toe box, or if the conditioner really softens up the leather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah shadow, the first pic is w/ combo trees and

the afters are w/ the epic trees. The wrinkles

are less evident when the trees are taken out, but

still there once they are removed just not as bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Found a pair of 3-eyelet brown suede desert boots at my local Sears. Probably not the best quality, but I liked the shape and they fitted very well. I already had a pair of brown suede desert boots (and there's a pair of Clark's in beeswax leather coming next week), but they were very bulky and a bit too wide.

There's a slight discoloration on the left shoe, but you know, for 16 bucks, I can live with that.