Page 531 of 635 FirstFirst ... 31431481521529530531532533541581631 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 6344

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    582 Post(s)
    Picked up the suede New Balance sneakers off today's sale tripod, along with some gray cotton twill melange trousers, off J.Crew's site.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    My splurge of the season. I'd been eyeing this sweater for a while at the LL Bean flagship store, and finally broke down. On its first day out, I got somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen compliments on it. Not only is it ridiculously cozy, it's also an absolute lady-killer.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/11247...=Black%20Slate

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaimeGarcia View Post
    My splurge of the season. I'd been eyeing this sweater for a while at the LL Bean flagship store, and finally broke down. On its first day out, I got somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen compliments on it. Not only is it ridiculously cozy, it's also an absolute lady-killer.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/11247...=Black%20Slate
    Pics of it in action? Its tempting me too...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    Pics of it in action? Its tempting me too...
    I'll try to get some up tomorrow. It's comfortable as hell, but like most Bean stuff, it runs HUGE. I'm 5'10" 255lbs, and the XL is a little roomy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    146 Post(s)

the pair of Gustin black low tops that I backed MONTHS ago finally came in, after some setbacks during production

first impression is that they fit TTS for the most part. sized down 0.5 from my normal running shoe size. these are not necessarily inexpensive sneakers, but as a CP alternative I think they come the closest and should do just fine. only time will tell how they hold up though.

my favorite aspect of the shoe is that its got no logos whatsoever on the outside, anywhere.
    I think I'd be more interested in Gustin's bag offerings if they also came w/o any logos visible.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    So I went to the American Field pop up at Union Market in DC last weekend and, after maybe having had one too many freebie cocktails at the Bulleit booth, ended up buying a belt from a small outfit out of Manhattan that I had never heard of called La Matera. I realized afterwards that I actually didn't know how much the thing cost when I bought it, but it just showed up and I'm actually pretty pleased. It's definitely different from anything I own, seems like it would go with a lot of things, and appears to be really well-made. The idea behind their stuff is that they mate "gaucho" cloth made in Argentina with leather in the US for a pretty neat aesthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Was looking at my hiking boots over the summer and realized just how ugly they were (typical overly-futuristic look that has become common among hiking boots and shoes). Started doing a bit of research for functional "classic" boots and couldn't find all that much. Happened upon the Merrell Wilderness (made in Italy) and REALLY liked what I saw, but was a lot more than I wanted to pay.

For whatever reason, my specific size in the brown color dropped to $125 on Amazon so I snatched them (and some snow seal). I must have got the last pair from a specific vendor because the price immediately jumped back up to $250. I'm incredibly pleased with them. They'll definitely take some breaking in, but can't wait to hit the trails of New Hampshire in them.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)

Bean boots! And the cat agrees with the purchase for the win.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kongmw View Post

the pair of Gustin black low tops that I backed MONTHS ago finally came in, after some setbacks during production

first impression is that they fit TTS for the most part. sized down 0.5 from my normal running shoe size. these are not necessarily inexpensive sneakers, but as a CP alternative I think they come the closest and should do just fine. only time will tell how they hold up though.

my favorite aspect of the shoe is that its got no logos whatsoever on the outside, anywhere.
    I think I'd be more interested in Gustin's bag offerings if they also came w/o any logos visible.
    Great find and purchase. I agree with you it has great value due to not having any logo outside.
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quoted
    408 Post(s)

And the brexit related purchases continue with a pair of C&J Cardigan 4. Only my second pair of derbys, have a pair of beaters from JCP and had the mcgregor from AE but wasn't a fan of how they fit so I returned them. I typically don't wear dress shoes with denim, but that's because most of my dress shoes are oxfords. I'll probably start mixing it up more.

Instagram: WoofOrWeft