Page 526 of 634 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536576626 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 6338

Thread: Recent Purchases

Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2112 Post(s)
    I ordered a Barbour Chelsea Flyweight and received it yesterday. Not crazy about the fit - I sized down to XS and it works well in the shoulders, chest, and waist, but for some reason there is a bunch of excess material in the midsection, particularly at the back, that kind of poofs out in a weird way. Returning it.

Went ahead and ordered this Barbour Steve McQueen Wax Beech jacket instead. Shipping from the UK so I've got my fingers crossed it fits. I love Barbour but hate how their sizing is so all over the place.

Ben

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by azimmerm View Post
    I just picked up a slim Merino Wool Sweater from JCF as well as this year's blue tweed blazer with elbow-patches (featured in https://dappered.com/2016/08/autumna...-for-men-2016/) and was disappointed by both. First, the sweaters fit much baggier compared to last year with a lot of extra room in the arms (sleeves) and lower arm holes. Secondly, the blazer is no longer lined in 100% acetate but 100% polyester. Joe stated it was the same wool/nylon blend for the shell, which is correct, but was incorrect when stating it still used the 100% acetate lining. So an FYI to anyone thinking of buying the slim fit merino wool sweaters or the tweed/wool blazers from JCF this season.

Unfortunately both will be returned
    Wish I knew this yesterday with the blazer. Oh well.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    This just came from eBay. I wanted a peacoat in something other than charcoal or navy, and found this JCrew Dock in "dried olive." Like new condition with Thinsulate lining for $65.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    This just came from eBay. I wanted a peacoat in something other than charcoal or navy, and found this JCrew Dock in "dried olive." Like new condition with Thinsulate lining for $65.

Nice pickup! I bought one of those two years ago when J Crew offered them. One word of caution... the buttons are not sewn on well. About half of the buttons on mine loosened to the point of nearly falling off. As a result, I ended up re-attaching all of them as remedy and prevention for the ones that hadn't started to fall off yet.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    Nice pickup! I bought one of those two years ago when J Crew offered them. One word of caution... the buttons are not sewn on well. About half of the buttons on mine loosened to the point of nearly falling off. As a result, I ended up re-attaching all of them as remedy and prevention for the ones that hadn't started to fall off yet.
    Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with it. I did notice that about the buttons. Right off the bat I thought they seemed finicky. I'm contemplating changing them. I'm not real fond of anchor buttons.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1096 Post(s)
    I wish I could find one of those Banana Republic Bridge Coats from a few years back. They seemed to be a big deal on the threads but I don't remember any purchases and they don't seem to be easy to comeby second hand.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Bravo, that's a stupid good price. Was that from a private seller or an e-thrift storefront?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    Really like that color. Tried on a Dock last year and unfortunately it runs just a bit too long for me. Would LOVE it if J Crew brought back the bayswater in that color.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    @Rocco it was a private seller from Southern California. I'm guessing they didn't have much use for it....
    @Rawfull it is a little longer than your traditional peacoat I believe. I think JCrew describes it as such. Hits me high on thigh as opposed to just covering my seat.

I was thinking about having the waist brought in a touch. But does anyone know if that alteration is possible with the Thinsulate lining?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Quoted
    329 Post(s)
    @Rawfull there's a handful of the Bayswater floating around on ebay. Definitely has a slimmer silhouette than the Dock.
    @JBarwick I can hardly find anything on that coat. What's it look like?