Waited 14 weeks for these babies.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post
    Waited 14 weeks for these babies.

Very nice! You got in on the C&J Camberly GMTO from SF. I was considering that, but really wanted a Lindrick boot in navy shell more. But am now in on the Dundee GMTO. How did you size them? 1 size down from US brannock to UK?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by devastitis View Post
    Very nice! You got in on the C&J Camberly GMTO from SF. I was considering that, but really wanted a Lindrick boot in navy shell more. But am now in on the Dundee GMTO. How did you size them? 1 size down from US brannock to UK?
    Yeah 1 full size down. It was helpful that I already had others in the 348 last and got sized up in the New York store as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leanderthal View Post
    Yeah, it's 3", which I've learned is my absolute minimum. Would love to be 3.25-3.5

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
    Christ, the lack of customer service from The Knottery is offensive. I ordered the lovely black watch tie two and a half weeks ago and it hasn't shipped yet. Two emails and two contact form messages from me and zero replies from The Knottery. And they have no phone number. I'm millimetres away from calling Visa to have my payment reversed.

Searching various style forums, I found numerous similar stories from 2014, but nothing recent. Maybe it's common knowledge now that ordering from this company is a gamble.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2051 Post(s)
    I'm apparently in a watch-buying mood recently. I ordered this earlier today after seeing it in a Jomashop email....

Strikes me as something of a cross between a Daytona (white dial, steel bezel, steel borders around the subdials) and a polar Explorer II (stark black hands/marker borders, bright colored accent... though light blue instead of orange). And 40mm is ideal sports watch size for me.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I'm apparently in a watch-buying mood recently. I ordered this earlier today after seeing it in a Jomashop email....

Strikes me as something of a cross between a Daytona (white dial, steel bezel, steel borders around the subdials) and a polar Explorer II (stark black hands/marker borders, bright colored accent... though light blue instead of orange). And 40mm is ideal sports watch size for me.
    Which one is that? I like that more than the similar Casio Edifice I have.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2051 Post(s)
    Ssb025
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)
    The Seiko fanboy in me really likes that watch. I just don't need another chrono at the moment.

@devastitis pretty sure it's this one.

*Edit* looks like you beat me to it @LesserBlackDog

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quoted
    618 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post
    Yeah 1 full size down. It was helpful that I already had others in the 348 last and got sized up in the New York store as well.
    Thanks! Looks like everything is a go for the navy shell Dundees, just need to get the requisite number of people. I really need to make a trip to NY to get sized. Not aware of any C&J carrying stores here in DC. I believe there's one, but I want to avoid it like the plague after reading about the people who run the place.

Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Ssb025
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfull View Post
    The Seiko fanboy in me really likes that watch. I just don't need another chrono at the moment.

@devastitis pretty sure it's this one.

*Edit* looks like you beat me to it @LesserBlackDog
    Ah, was hoping it was 22mm lug width, as all my nicer straps (Guarded Goods shell cordovan straps) are 22mm. Maybe I need to start investing in 20mm straps as well. Thanks for the info!

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    @LesserBlackDog that's a nice looking watch. Well done sir.